Launching global IoT access in the KDDI IoT Worldwide Architecture
Via KDDI news room
Jul 4, 2021
Tokyo―KDDI will begin offering services on June 24, 2021 for Global IoT Access, a connectivity service that enables roaming for IoT in many countries and regions worldwide from KDDI, a company with strong capabilities in global carrier relations. This service will feature alongside multiple services from SORACOM in the KDDI IoT Worldwide Architecture, a business platform that promotes global projects.
The KDDI Worldwide Architecture is being rolled out to the automotive industry and many other sectors, where it supports customers in expanding their business initiatives across the globe. With this service added to the architecture, it will support customers in growing their IoT services within a wide range of industries including manufacturing and services.
■ Overview of the service
- Local breakout points are installed in multiple countries, allowing for low-latency in IoT lines and boosting the level of convenience in the services that customers provide.
- If customers have facilities in use within Japan and wish to implement a closed network connection with an overseas endpoint, they can enjoy safety and security by connecting through the KDDI Wide Area Virtual Switch (WVS) service.
- A web console interface allows for centralized management from anywhere in the world, including functions for checking the status of SIM card usage, and for pausing or resuming the use of services.
- The service is linked with local KDDI companies, providing peace of mind with full support for customers looking to expand overseas.
KDDI plans to offer two additional compatible services going forward, thereby offering further support for customers in developing their business on a global scale.
■ Services to be offered in the future
1. Global IoT Router
This highly versatile IoT router is compatible with frequency bands in multiple countries, and has been approved for use abroad. KDDI plans to launch this in summer 2021.
2. Device Management Service
This service provides device kitting and maintenance all in one place. KDDI plans to launch this in fall 2021.
KDDI seeks to realize a fusion between telecommunication and life design, and it contributes to the business of its corporate customers as a company that helps achieve sustainable growth in society as it creates new experience value.
Sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos, plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox.