To embed our video on your website copy and paste the code below:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9ZSr_az_Tn4?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Virtualisation brought many benefits to telco networks, but Open Source Cloud Native technologies bring a real ability to scale, along with new capabilities. So when it comes to 5G, telcos should be taking learnings from the cloud vendors because the Open Source approach has principles and methodologies that help with scalability and cost control, while agility will be enhanced if network software updates can be increased from quarterly or monthly to weekly or even daily. This will enable telcos to bring new services to market that no-one has even thought about before.
- Mark Whiteway, Head of Sales, Europe, Lumina Networks
- Markus Wuepping, Head of Cloud Centre of Excellence, Vodafone
- Heather Kirksey, VP, Community and Ecosystem Development, Linux Foundation
- Beth Cohen, NFV/SDN Network Product Strategy, Verizon
- Frederick Kautz, Head of Edge Infrastructure, doc.ai
- Alla Goldner, Director of Technology, Strategy and Standardization, Amdocs
- Dan Kohn, Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation
- Ben Hickey, Chief Customer Officer, Lumina Networks
Filmed at ONS Europe, Antwerp, Belgium, September 2019
Sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos, plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox.