Removing Friction, Harnessing Convergence, and Making Integrated Care Work Will be the Focus of IDC's 3rd Pan-European Health Executive Summit 2015
Aug 6, 2015
06 Aug 2015
LONDON, August 6, 2015 — IDC is pleased to announce the launch of the 3rd edition of its Pan-European Healthcare Executive Summit 2015. The summit will take place in Dublin, Ireland, on September 22–23, 2015. In an informal and very interactive environment, healthcare CIOs, CEOs, and medical directors will gather with research and public health authority representatives to share their views on how to drive the integrated care agenda to deliver innovative care pathways and services through the whole healthcare value chain.
The summit will offer an exclusive setting for IT and non-IT executives from leading European hospitals, primary care providers, public health authorities, and other stakeholders across the health value chain to discuss how to remove existing sources of friction, harness the potential of the information convergence of healthcare stakeholders, and rethink healthcare strategy in the digital era to make integrated care work.
A series of highly interactive workshops, case studies, and roundtable discussions will focus on today's key issues and challenges, including:
- The key business requirements needed to enable convergence and remove the organizational and technological barriers that hamper greater collaboration across the healthcare value chain
- The governance model and strategies that need to be implemented to create more flexible information networks to support the data-driven decisions and actions of healthcare stakeholders
- How today's third-generation platform technology can accelerate convergence
- Ruben Diaz, Chief Knowledge and Teaching Officer, Hospital Sant Joan de Deu, Spain
- Claudio Saccavini, CIO, Arsenal:IT Venteto's Research Center for eHealth Innovation, and Co-Chair of the ITI Planning Committee, IHE International, Italy
- Cliff Morgan, Director of Critical Care and Chief Clinical Information Officer, Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust, U.K.
- Joanna Smith, CIO, Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust, U.K.
- Padhraig Ryan, HRB PhD in Health Services Research, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Joao de Deus, President, European Association of Senior Hospital Physicians, Belgium
- Jonas Hedegaard, Chefkonsulent for IT, Nyt OUH, Denmark
- Trung Duong, Direction du Système d'information Groupe, Hospitalier Mondor, France
"The integrated care paradigm shift requires healthcare providers to redefine their role into wider, more flexible, and more converged collaboration networks," said Silvia Piai, EMEA senior research manager, IDC Health Insights. "It demands closer and more proactive collaboration, not only between health and social care providers, but also with public health organizations. The connecting tissue enabling the convergence in the objectives of healthcare stakeholders is patient information. We need to develop a new approach to how we use and understand healthcare data. 3rd Platform–based health information systems therefore will be both strategic and tactical enablers of this transformative approach."
View the full summit program here.
Event dates and location: September 22–23, 2015, Dublin, Ireland
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.