GENBAND expands NFV portfolio with a converged intelligent messaging solution to offer service providers an end-to-end cloud messaging platform
Jul 19, 2017
Los Angeles, CA – July 18, 2017 – GENBAND ™ , a leading provider of real time communications software solutions, today announced from its annual customer and partner summit, Perspectives17 , that it has added a Converged Intelligent Messaging (CIM) solution to its comprehensive Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) portfolio to help service providers expand their fixed and mobile messaging offerings with advanced cloud-based services such as voice-to-text and visual messaging.
The micro-services-based Converged Intelligent Messaging Virtual Network Function (VNF) along with the GENBAND VNF Manager offer service providers a compelling way to lower costs while delivering a new generation of NFV-enabled messaging services that differentiate their offerings. CIM, which can be deployed in legacy, virtualized, NFV or hybrid environments, seamlessly blends voicemail, automated attendant services, and fax messaging services with next-generation intelligent messaging services, voice-to-text, web portals and intuitive mobile applications.
“Many existing legacy wireline and wireless voice messaging systems are over 25 years old and have reached end-of-life,” said Steven Bruny, Chief Operating Officer, GENBAND. “Not only are they costly to maintain and update, but the services that they offer are outdated and do not support mobility. Our CIM solution is based on the latest geo-redundant, software-based messaging technology that allows service providers to grow their revenues and enhance their offerings by keeping subscribers on their networks, without having to use OTT messaging apps. We are currently working with several tier-one service providers to deploy the solution in their networks.”
The CIM VNF supports visual messaging applications for smartphones (iOS & Android) as well as native clients on iPhone, alleviating service providers of the need to deploy and manage separate solutions. The solution is designed for ease of deployment in any virtualized open standards-based NFV environment, to deliver solution scalability, elasticity, and automation, managed and supported by third party NFV orchestration, OSS/BSS and virtualization infrastructures. The GENBAND VNF Manager, which is a key component of European Telecommunications Standards Institute’s (ETSI) NFV Management & Orchestration (MANO), provides full lifecycle management, automation and elasticity of the CIM VNF and other GENBAND and third party VNFs.
- GENBAND has added a Converged Intelligent Messaging (CIM) solution to its comprehensive Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) portfolio to help service providers expand their messaging offerings with advanced cloud-based services.
- The Converged Intelligent Messaging solution acts as a Virtual Network Function (VNF) along with the GENBAND VNF Manager to offer service providers a compelling way to lower costs while enabling a new generation of NFV-enabled messaging services.
- This Intelligent Messaging offering further enhances GENBAND’s NFV portfolio of Virtual Network Functions (VNF) including Session Border Controllers, Advanced Media Software, Application Server, and Call Session Controllers.
- CIM leverages a distributed architecture offering global scale and private or public cloud deployment options. The software-based solution also offers 70 percent-plus improvement in footprint, environmental (power and cooling) & OPEX savings.
- The enhanced solution will be highlighted at GENBAND’s annual customer and partner summit, Perspectives17, taking place July 16-20 in Los Angeles, California.
- A robust set of fax services can assure that business users in key industries such as healthcare, legal and real estate can make a smooth transition to hosted business services.
- Users can instantly check messages from the phone, web, from e-mail or their smartphone.
- The CIM’s voice-to-text option makes it easy to read and respond to messages without ever picking up the phone.