DXC Technology and VMware expand global partnership with new managed hybrid cloud services enabled by VMware Technologies
Aug 29, 2017
DXC's VMware(R) Cloud(TM) on AWS offering among first, lowers the barrier to enterprise adoption of cloud services
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwired) -- 08/28/17 -- DXC Technology(NYSE: DXC) , the world's leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, and VMware(NYSE: VMW) , a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility, today announced an expansion of their long-standing partnership, with the unveiling of new DXC Managed Cloud Services enabled by VMware's next generation hybrid cloud services platforms.
The announcement was made at VMworld® 2017 U.S.
DXC will be one of the first VMware partners to provide VMware Cloud on AWS offerings with associated managed services. This new initiative enables DXC clients to accelerate their journey to the hybrid cloud while benefiting from an operationally consistent, resilient, secure and cost-effective hybrid cloud environment based on VMware Cloud on AWS.
- With the initial availability of VMware Cloud on AWS, DXC clients can benefit from the full VMware software-defined data center (SDDC) experience, while taking advantage of the global footprint, scale, and flexible consumption model of the AWS Cloud.
- Using familiar VMware enabled IT tools, methods, security policies and services, clients now will be able to accelerate their use of the leading public cloud service while maintaining the VMware-based architectural standards, security and services needed across their enterprise estates.
Additionally, clients will be able to obtain seamless workload portability between their VMware-based data centers, DXC data centers and VMware Cloud on AWS. Organizations will be able to select from a comprehensive portfolio of next-generation IT services, including application-as-a-service, application migration services, and application migration factories leveraging DXC IP in healthcare, public sector, manufacturing, financial services and other industries.
"Increasingly, clients want to accelerate the use of the public cloud for both core and emerging applications, yet there have been real barriers that impede adoption and progress," said Stephen Hilton, executive vice president, Global Delivery, DXC Technology. "For example, the full infrastructure ecosystem and application redesign forces a binary 'in or out' decision involving factors such as security, identify management, architectural standards and vendor management.
"By combining VMware's hybrid cloud offerings with DXC cloud services and industry expertise," Hilton continued, "we provide our clients the choice of both on-premises and cloud solutions on existing virtualized applications. This allows the business to make decisions based on cost, flexibility and availability that transcend the constraints of legacy datacenter and app hosting decisions. DXC's Hybrid Cloud Service is a true accelerator for enterprises wanting to modernize and optimize existing infrastructures in a flexible consumption model, while embracing the open services of the public cloud."
Additional DXC services enabled by VMware technologies and platforms will include:
- Private Cloud services from DXC based on VMware vSphere, NSX®, VMware vSAN™, and VMware vRealize® Operations™ leveraging VMware Validated Designs and VMware Cloud Foundation™;
- Public Cloud services based on VMware Cloud on AWS, including seamless workload portability between VMware-enabled private clouds and VMware Cloud on AWS;
- Hybrid cloud automation, provisioning and workload management services utilizing VMware's next-generation hybridity and migration services platform and VMware vRealize Automation™ for VMware Cloud on AWS;
- Cloud management services; and
- Industry-specific cloud services.
"Together, VMware and DXC have a long-standing history of building, selling and delivering next-generation technology services to enable the digital transformation journey of our mutual clients, and we look forward to accelerating growth via this expanded partnership with DXC," said Pat Gelsinger, CEO, VMware. "DXC's Digital Transformation Services enabled by VMware's hybrid cloud services platforms will provide a consistent set of day-zero through day-two operations that delivers governance, security, visibility and control independent of how customers' applications are built and where they run."
DXC Technology and VMware, which is part of the DXC Partner Network, have built considerable competence and customer momentum around their VMware-enabled offerings, including DXC BizCloud and DXC MyWorkStyle for next generation digital workplace services.
DXC has several thousand mutual VMware clients in its portfolio and more than 1,000 trained and accredited VMware professionals. This expertise will equip DXC as a leader in VMware Cloud on AWS as the two companies deliver new sources of thought leadership and services innovation to their mutual clients.
DXC Technology is the world's leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett-Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company's technology independence, global talent, and extensive partner alliances combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally.