The Green Network After Show Day 1 - On-Demand Replay
- Live broadcast at:
- Tuesday, 18th January 2022 at 16:00 London, 17:00 Paris, 11:00 New York time
To embed our video on your website copy and paste the code below:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gVIXeZVDp60?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
After Show Live
The After Show was broadcast live at the end of Day One of the TelecomTV Summit on the Green Network. TelecomTV’s Guy Daniels and Ray Le Maistre were joined by panelists for this end-of-day question and answer session. Among the questions raised by our audience were:
- What makes the NGMN’s new Global Green Networks Benchmark different from current mobile network benchmarks?
- Could we see future Green Networks where equipment is designed for total recycling and only leased to network operators for their operational life cycle?
- What would be the potential Green impact of proliferation of 5G Edge points and private networks?
- Is there a broad recommended roadmap for telcos to become energy efficient and net zero?
- What are the main levers to minimize carbon emissions?
- Is there an opportunity for flexible service tariffs based on energy demand and cost?
- How does operating in a multi-RAT environment impact the ability of CSPs to hit their sustainability goals?
- Why are many of the energy saving features in the latest communication standards not fully implemented or exploited by the operators?
Recorded Live: January 2022
Ana Maria Galindo Serrano
Telecoms Engineer, Orange Labs Networks, Orange and NGMN Project Co-Lead Green Future Networks
NGMN CEO and Board Member
Managing Director, UK and Ireland Sustainability Services Lead, Accenture
Distinguished Technologist, Communications Technology Group, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Head of OpenSync Partnerships, Plume
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.