To embed our video on your website copy and paste the code below:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZNNyVlS6cWA?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Live Q&A discussion
The Live Q&A Show was broadcast at the end of day one of The Green Network Summit. TelecomTV’s Guy Daniels was joined by industry guest panellists for this question and answer session. Among the questions raised by our audience were:
- Why is the RAN responsible for 70% of telco CO2 emissions and are there any effective methods or tools available to measure RAN emissions?
- How does the RAN compare to datacentres in terms of energy use and are there any other heavy power-consumption elements in a telco network?
- How can telcos deploy AI with its added power requirements while trying to achieve their energy-efficiency targets?
- What are the specific sustainability pains or gains that require new inventions and technology innovations?
- Will solid oxide or hydrogen fuel cells ever be used in the network?
First Broadcast Live: January 2024
SDN Network Product Strategy, Verizon Business Group
Principal Analyst, Appledore Research
Dr. Joan Triay
Manager and Network Architect, DOCOMO Communications Lab. Europe (DOCOMO Euro-Labs), Rapporteur, ETSI ISG NFV
Co-Founder, Weaver Labs
Chief Technology Officer, ConnectiviTree (Europe)
SVP Network and Cloud Technology Strategy, Telenor