Feature: Is the future just one big happy cloud?
Dec 14, 2016
To embed our video on your website copy and paste the code below:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EJAs2RuUXHw?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Speakers from The Great Telco Debate
Most big Telcos are corporate users of virtualised services in their own right. So could they not run their own internal services and those they will be delivering to their customers across one common platform? Spreading NFV across the entire operator business has enormous potential, starting with simply sharing infrastructure to get econonies of scale and then topping those benefits up with tbe operational efficiencies to be gained from running customer-facing cloud and network services alongside internal network and IT - all as one.
Ah, but what about the pitfalls?
Find out more by watching this special feature. Our interviewees agree that the destination is a good one: they just worry about the journey and the amount of time it might take to get there.
- Nigel Stevenson, Global Marketing, VMware
- Marcus Weldon, President of Bell Labs and Chief Technology Officer, Nokia
- Dean Bubley, Founder Disruptive Analysis
- Chris Lewis, Lewis Insight & Founding Partner of The Great Telco Debate
- Mari-Noëlle Jégo-Laveissière, Senior Executive Vice-President of Innovation, Marketing and Technology, Orange
- Graham Wilde, Director, BWCS
FILMED AT: The Great Telco Debate, 2016, London
Sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos, plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox.