European Bank simplifies and secures its business operations with Juniper Networks
Sep 10, 2018
Banca di San Marino safeguards its private and corporate banking operations with Juniper Networks’ unified cybersecurity platform
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Sept. 10, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, today announced that Banca di San Marino SpA has selected Juniper Networks’ unified cybersecurity platform, powered by Software-Defined Secure Networks (SDSN), to protect its core and online banking systems and safeguard its customers.
The historic bank, which is a significant part of the Republic of San Marino’s financial system, serves private and corporate banking clients that reach far beyond San Marino and has an obligation to uphold the highest professional standards, including detecting and responding to today’s most sophisticated cyber threats.
By utilizing Juniper’s unified cybersecurity platform, the bank has created a consistent security posture across its entire banking environment, while also securing its data and applications against internal and external threats. Additionally, the bank’s security operations are streamlined with automated policy management and enforcement that permits its IT operations team more time to focus on strategic initiatives for the bank.
- Banca di San Marino deployed Juniper Networks® SRX Series Services Gateways managed by Junos Space® Security Director with Policy Enforcer and will add Juniper Sky™ Advanced Threat Prevention (Sky ATP) to provide real-time monitoring of internet traffic to and from its local area network.
- The SRX Series provides Banca di San Marino with high-performance security, comprising of advanced, integrated threat intelligence, delivered on a scalable and resilient platform.
- Juniper’s SDSN technology is a key part of Banca di San Marino’s efforts to be compliant with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), enabling the bank to be well-informed on data flows and potential breaches affecting its network.
- With Juniper’s SDSN platform, Banca di San Marino has streamlined security operations and can mitigate threats faster and more efficiently. It can enforce a consistent security posture from its data center to its head office and branches.
- Day-to-day activities of managing the network and security are simplified and take far less time.
- Juniper Networks® EX Series Ethernet Switches are deployed in Banca di San Marino’s data centers and campus offices.
- To design and deliver the entire SDSN security solution, Banca di San Marino selected Juniper Networks’ partner KBE Intelligence, a leading information consulting company specializing in security with offices in Italy, San Marino and Canada.
“Our banking customers don’t directly see the quality of our IT security. However, protecting our business and reputation means we need to continually enhance security with the most effective cybersecurity technology as an added value for our customers, as well as future-proof our operations. The Juniper solution allows us to maintain the maximum level of confidence for our clients and supports us on our GDPR journey.” -Federico Zanotti, IT director, Banca di San Marino
“Like many mission-critical organizations, financial institutions around the world understand that the results of a cyber attack affect more than just their infrastructure – a large-scale cyber breach can result in the loss of customer data, costing the bank and their customers millions of euros. These sophisticated attacks extend far beyond their inception point and continue to erode customer trust through large-scale fraud and account takeovers. Juniper Networks is pleased that Banca di San Marino selected our unified cybersecurity platform and entrusted us to protect the data of its private and commercial customers.” – Samantha Madrid, vice president, security and business strategy, Juniper Networks
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.