Live Q&A featuring American Tower, Appledore, Red Hat, and Verizon
By Guy Daniels, Ray Le Maistre
Mar 30, 2023
To embed our video on your website copy and paste the code below:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FKESNIN_94s?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Live Q&A discussion
The Live Q&A Show was broadcast at the end of day two of the Private 5G and the Edge Summit. TelecomTV’s Guy Daniels and Ray Le Maistre were joined by industry guest panellists for this question and answer session. Among the questions raised by our audience were:
- How can CSPs make integration less of a barrier for enterprises looking at private cellular, and as easy and straightforward as Wi-Fi?
- What are the challenges around spectrum allocation and management for private network use?
- Is 5G really more secure than 4G/LTE private networks?
- There is a lot of hype around Wi-Fi 7 at the moment, how might this affect private 5G networks?
- Is the role of the public cloud hyperscalers in private 5G overstated?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of a 5G private network run by an MNO against that run by a non-MNO?
- What are CSPs doing about addressing the skills gap, specifically with regards to enterprise sector knowledge?
- Beth Cohen, SDN Product Strategies, Verizon
- Robert Curran, Consulting Analyst, Appledore
- Susan James, Vice President Innovation - Mobile Connectivity, American Tower
First Broadcast Live: March 2023
SDN Product Strategies, Verizon
Consulting Analyst, Appledore
Vice President Innovation - Mobile Connectivity, American Tower