To embed our video on your website copy and paste the code below:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MmaBsY7C8ww?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Latest Extra Shot programme looks at key themes from the recent DSP Leaders Open Telco Summit
- Three special guests discuss topics such as open source, virtual RAN as a stepping stone to Open RAN, open architectures in the transport network and the thorny issues of systems integration.
- We uncover a telecoms industry coffee cult
The ninth edition of Extra Shot focuses on some of the talking points that emerged from the recent DSP Leaders Open Telco Summit.
Three special guests, as well as the TelecomTV duo of Guy Daniels and Ray Le Maistre plus industry expert Chris Lewis, delve further into some of the key topics discussed throughout the Summit, including: The importance of open source developments to telcos; how virtual RAN (vRAN) deployments are providing a stepping stone towards potential Open RAN architectures; how disaggregated systems manifest themselves in the data transport sector; and the challenging topic of systems integration and trade-off between best-of-breed deployments and operational simplicity.
And as ever, we asked our special guests about their hot drink preferences, so we could add them to our industry-leading Containerized Beverage Function (CBF) leader board chart, and uncovered what appears to be a telecoms industry Hawaiian coffee cult!
Featuring special guests:
- Tim Doiran, Senior Director, Solutions Marketing, Infinera
- Susan James, Senior Director, Telecommunications Strategy, Red Hat
- Paul Miller, Chief Technology Officer, Wind River
Filmed with TelecomTV’s Smart Studio service
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.