Airtel launches Google Assistant based Digital Customer Care
Via Bharti Airtel
Oct 23, 2018
In an industry first, customers will now be able to interact with Airtel customer care through a natural conversation with the Google Assistant
New Delhi, October 22, 2018: Airtel smartphone customers will now able to get instant resolution to their frequent account related queries through the Google Assistant.
In yet another industry first, Airtel has collaborated with Google to truly simplify its customer service experience by integrating its customer care with the Artificial Intelligence-powered Google Assistant.
This new cutting-edge feature will allow customers to have rich conversational experiences with Airtel.
These features are right now available in English but going forward, Airtel will roll it out in multiple regional languages to help deliver an even more personalized experience to millions of Indians and encourage them to get online. Similarly, Airtel will continue to track what questions customer are asking and enable responses to them via Google Assistant, thus improving the flexibility and robustness of the Airtel voice Action.
The initiative is a part of Project Next – Airtel’s digital innovation program, which is aimed at transforming customer experience across all of its services and touch points. Airtel plans to launch several exciting digital innovations to step change the simplicity and interactivity of its customer experience.
Sarang Kanade, Director – Customer Service Delivery, Bharti Airtel said: “As part of our digital transformation journey, this is another yet innovation to empower our customers. With smartphones fast becoming the norm for every Indian, this will make digital self-care much more interactive and step up the customer experience. We will continue to bring more of such exciting solutions for ‘Digital India’.”
What service related question can Airtel customers ask the Google Assistant?
How can Airtel customers use the Google Assistant?
- Android Users – Long press the Home Button to launch Assistant. iOS Users – Ensure you have downloaded Google Assistant on your phone.
- Speak into Assistant – “Talk to Airtel”, “Ask Airtel” or “Get Airtel”. Airtel assistant will open within Google Assistant
- TO get your account details, for the first time, the Airtel assistant will ask to link your Airtel account with Google.
- If you click yes, you will be asked to enter your Mobile number, accept the Terms of Service. Once you accept the Terms of service, you will receive an OTP. Enter the OTP to complete linking your account.
- Get Started. Start asking your Airtel account related questions
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.