The After Show Live - Day 3: Cultural Transformation (On demand replay)
Mar 10, 2021
- Live at:
- 4pm, Wednesday 10th March, 2021 (UK)
Andrea Calvi, VP TEchnology INnovation, TIM
Angela Jenner, Transformation Director, Service Platforms, BT
Honoré LaBourdette, Vice President, Industry Verticals & Edge Telco, Media & Entertainment, Red Hat
Nathan Rader, VP Cloudified Production, Deutsche Telekom
Stephen Spellicy, Vice President, Product Marketing & Solutions, Telco & Edge Cloud, VMware
To embed our video on your website copy and paste the code below:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TtkPq82lj4M?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The After Show was broadcast live at the end of Day Three of the DSP Leaders World Forum 2021. TelecomTV’s Guy Daniels and Ray Le Maistre were joined by panelists for this end-of-day question and answer session. Among the questions raised by our audience were:
- Telcos have to deploy unique legacy workloads that were specified long before cloud native, which makes the transition to cloud native difficult. Should all new standards therefore be created with cloud native in mind?
- Is the telecom vendor community now ready to support network operators with the cloud native processes and technologies they need?
- Telecom companies take a long time to change. Are there any signs that they are adopting open technologies and open cultures, processes?
- Do telcos need to employ people with specific skills sets for specific technologies, or is it better to find people with more general abilities that telcos can then train to their needs as technology changes?
- What lessons have you learned in creating software-centric or cloud-centric teams, and are you confident that you can scale this approach throughout a telcos’s current workforce?
Recorded March 2021 using TelecomTV’s Smart Studio service
VP TEchnology INnovation, TIM
Transformation Director, Service Platforms, BT
Vice President, Industry Verticals & Edge Telco, Media & Entertainment, Red Hat
VP Cloudified Production, Deutsche Telekom
Vice President, Product Marketing & Solutions, Telco & Edge Cloud, VMware
Sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos, plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox.