New Pro Series PCs and LaserJet Printers offer businesses performance, security in a sleek package
PALO ALTO, Calif., Sept. 10, 2015 — Today, HP announced its new Pro Series of desktops, notebooks and an all-in-one (AiO) PC, along with printers and multi-function printers. Designed for businesses of all sizes, these offerings are particularly appealing to small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs).
A recent HP survey of 750 IT decision makers and business managers1 indicated top technology concerns SMBs face include: finding new ways to boost productivity, solving for security threats and managing IT costs. The new HP Pro 400 Series printers and PCs are designed with these needs in mind.
“Customers have shared with us their challenges around making important technology decisions with limited budgets and IT resources that impact the security and productivity of their business,” said Christoph Schell, senior vice president of HP Printing and Personal Systems, Americas. “HP offers customers support and access to commercial-grade solutions like the new HP Pro Series of PCs and printers, providing them with the business-ready capabilities they need at a price point they can afford.”
New sleek designs pack power, performance and security
Like all businesses, SMBs face a rapidly evolving environment where technology is used as a competitive asset. As the lines between work and personal life continue to blur, businesses are also dealing with attracting and retaining an increasingly millennial workforce and enabling more mobile and more collaborative workstyles. SMBs need technology that is designed for a modern business, where devices can be easily connected and enable collaboration between employees – all without the need for wires or special equipment.
HP’s Pro Series of desktops, notebooks and an AiO provide SMBs with affordable, enterprise-level technology packaged in new consumer-inspired designs demanded by millennials. These devices underwent HP’s Total Test processing, including more than 120,000 hours of testing2 to help ensure the design can hold up to the rigors of work and home use.
The Pro Series of PCs feature world-class, built-in security and manageability to give SMBs peace of mind in protecting their critical business data and devices. HP BIOSphere3 offers BIOS-level protection of device firmware during system start up and BIOS updates, and HP Client Security4 provides multi-factor authentication and hard drive encryption to keep sensitive data secure. IT cloud-based management tool HP Touchpoint Manager5 adds easy-to-implement manageability, and all devices are available with Windows 106 for the latest technology and an additional layer of security.
New devices in the Pro Series of PCs include:
- HP ProBook 400 G3 series of notebooks cater to a more mobile workstyle, with its new thin, light and durable design in 13”, 14” and 15” diagonal sizes and built-in security features like the HP BIOSphere, TPM7 and an optional fingerprint reader. The HP ProBook 440 G3 is now up to 17 percent thinner and 12 percent lighter than the previous generation, important for users constantly on-the go. The ProBook 400 series features 6th Generation Intel® Core™ processors or the latest AMD 6th Generation A-series APU8 , a refined soft touch Gravity Black finish, aluminum reinforced keyboard deck, and the spill-resistant HP Premium Keyboard. The notebooks offer a wide choice of configurable options to enrich the experience, including an optional FHD display,9 touch and long life batteries10 .
- Both the HP ProOne 400 G2 AiO and the HP ProDesk 400 series use 6th Generation Intel® Core™ processors for maximum power and performance. The new HP ProOne 400 G2 AiO is completely redesigned, offering expansive versatility for SMBs with a space-saving, stylish design featuring HP’s first colored back covers for commercial AiOs11 , built-in cable management, and a number of new deployment options such as an articulating reclining stand, so users can choose the best angle to view and interact whether at their own desk, a front desk or when collaborating and presenting in a group. The 20” diagonal ProOne 400 also optimizes features in Windows 10 like Cortana12 and collaboration is optimized with HP Noise Reduction Software, an integrated 1MP HD Webcam13 and an optional edge-to-edge 10-point capacitive touch panel.
- The ProDesk 400 series comes in a wide range of sizes, including an ultra-small form factor, small form factor or micro tower options, all optimized for affordability and performance. HP ProDesk 400 G2 Desktop Mini offers complete ecosystem to mount, physically secure and deploy the device. The desktop can fit under a desk or behind a monitor where space is a major constraint and includes a new standard serial port, VGA and DisplayPort as well as DDR4 RAM for added productivity and functionality. The HP ProDesk 400 G3 Microtower platform offers HP’s highest performing, expandable and best value desktop solution for SMBs.
New printers feature fastest real world print speeds
The new HP LaserJet 400 series printers and MFPs provide the speed and efficiency to keep businesses at their most productive with the fastest first page out, fastest two-sided printing, and lowest energy consumption in their class14, 15 . With these devices, HP is continuing its effort to help customers secure their print environment, from boot up to shut down, by bringing built-in security features to the Pro Series, such as job storage with PIN Printing 16 . The new printers are ideal for small work teams with 3-10 users printing up to 4,000 pages a month. They include:
- The HP LaserJet Pro M402 series is a monochrome printer that is great for compact work spaces as the smallest and most energy efficient printer in its class17 .
- The HP Color LaserJet Pro M452 series delivers fast, best-in-class color printing performance with up to 48% faster first page out than its predecessor18 .
- The HP LaserJet Pro MFP M426 series offers monochrome printing within an MFP built for productivity with fast, dual-sided scanning and support for document workflows, including scan to email, folder, USB, and cloud capabilities. It also delivers fast, best-in-class printing performance with up to 100% faster 2-sided printing than its predecessor19 .
- The HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477 series offers fast, dual-sided scanning and support for document workflows, including scan to email, folder, USB, and cloud capabilities. It also delivers fast, best-in-class color printing performance with up to 150% faster 2-sided printing and 46% faster first page out than its predecessor20 .
For customers looking to enable mobile productivity for employees, the new 400-series printers support several mobile printing solutions, including wireless direct and NFC touch-to-print, as well as cloud-based pull printing with HP JetAdvantage Private Print..21,22,23
HP is extending the innovation of Original HP Toner cartridges with JetIntelligence to customers needing monochrome printing with the addition of precision black toner. Precision black toner offers precise toner placement for black and white printing, leading to higher page yields per cartridge.
For the smallest SMBs, micro-businesses and home offices printing less than 50 pages a month, HP also recently announced an expansion of its Instant Ink enabled devices, including the new HP OfficeJet 4650 All-in-One printer. HP’s ink replacement service offers customers with limited print needs an affordable, no mess, no stress way to avoid running out of ink.
Pricing and Availability 24
- The HP ProBook 400 series is expected to be available in September, starting at $499.
- The HP ProDesk 400 series is expected to be available in October, starting at $479. The HP ProDesk 400 Small Form Factor is expected to be available later in 2015, starting at $549.
- The HP ProOne 400 AiO is expected to be available in October, starting at $679.
- The HP LaserJet Pro M402 series is expected to be available in October, starting at $269.
- The HP Color LaserJet Pro M452 series is expected to be available in October, starting at $399.
- The HP LaserJet Pro MFP M426 series is expected to be available in October, starting at $449.
- The HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477 series is expected to be available in October, starting at $529.
For more information on HP’s Pro Series of PCs, visit www.hp.com/go/newstyleit; and for HP Pro Series of LaserJets, visit: www.hp.com/go/newlaserjets.
1 The HP BusinessNow survey – including the methodology, data collection and analysis, was conducted by Penton Research on behalf of HP. Data was collected from 751 respondents in the U.S. between June 19-July 1, 2015.
2 Total Test process testing is not a guarantee of future performance under these test conditions.
3 HP BIOSphere features may vary depending on the PC platform and configuration.
4 HP Client Security requires Windows.
5 HP Touchpoint Manager requires purchase of a subscription and supports Android™, iOS and Windows 7 or higher operating systems and PCs, notebooks, tablets and smartphones from various manufacturers. Not available in all countries see www.hp.com/touchpoint for availability information.
6 Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers, software or BIOS update to take full advantage of Windows functionality. Windows 10 is automatically updated, which is always enabled. ISP fees may apply and additional requirements may apply over time for updates. See http://www.microsoft.com.
7 Firmware TPM is version 2.0. Hardware TPM is v1.2, which is a subset of the TPM 2.0 specification version v0.89 as implemented by Intel Platform Trust Technology (PTT).
8 AMD 6th generation A-series APU is available in the 15.6” HP ProBook 455 G3 only.
9 Full High definition (HD) content is required to view quad high-definition images.
10 Optional features sold separately or as add on features.
11 HP ProOne 400 G2 AiO with cardinal red and dragonfly blue back covers are expected to be available in select geographies in December.
12 Cortana experience may vary by device and region.
13 Internet access required
14 Based on HP internal testing of top three leading competitors’ first page out and duplex print speed completed 8/2015. Subject to device settings. Actual results may vary. For details see hp.com/go/ljclaims.
15 Based on HP testing using the ENERGY STAR® program’s Typical Electricity Consumption (TEC) method or as reported in energystar.gov of top three leading competitors as of 8/2015. Actual results may vary. For details see hp.com/go/ljclaims.
16 Requires purchase of separate USB flash drive with at least 16 GB capacity.
17 Based on HP internal testing of top three leading competitors’ completed 8/2015. For details see hp.com/go/ljclaims.
18 Based on ISO/IEC 19752 and 19798 cartridge yields for the following Original HP LaserJet Toner cartridges: 131A compared with 201X, 507A compared with 508X, 55X compared with 87X, 80X compared with 26X, 305A/X compared with 410X. Learn more at hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies.
19 Based on ISO/IEC 19752 and 19798 cartridge yields for the following Original HP LaserJet Toner cartridges: 131A compared with 201X, 507A compared with 508X, 55X compared with 87X, 80X compared with 26X, 305A/X compared with 410X. Learn more at hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies.
20 Measured using ISO/IEC 17629. For more information see hp.com/go/printerclaims Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity.
21 Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz operations only. App or software and HP ePrint account registration may also be required. Some features require purchase of an optional accessory. Learn more at hp.com/go/mobileprinting.
22 Requires a compatible NFC-printing-enabled mobile device. For a list of compatible NFC-printing-enabled mobile devices, see hp.com/go/nfcprinting.
23 HP JetAdvantage Private Print is available at no charge and requires that the printer be connected to the Internet with web services enabled. Not available in all countries. For more information, see hpjetadvantage.com.
24 Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Intel and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. AMD is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos, plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox.