Live Q&A featuring Dell Technologies, Deutsche Telekom, Mavenir, Neos Network and Wind River
To embed our video on your website copy and paste the code below:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/60renI7GhSc?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The Q&A Show was broadcast live during Day Two of the Cloud Native Telco Summit. TelecomTV’s Guy Daniels and Ray Le Maistre were joined by industry guest panellists for this question and answer session. Among the questions raised by our audience were:
- We are hearing that operators are not ready to implement and upgrade software too frequently; what can motivate the whole industry to move faster?
- What specific aspects or areas of AI/ML technology are relevant for building and operating intent-based, autonomous and automated networks?
- When we have discussed observability, it seems like the emphasis is on the mobile core, but what about the RAN?
- We can’t have a roadmap unless we know how to start one… so how do we overcome this major challenge?
- A Telco becoming a cloud based service provider will no longer be a Telco. It will be a cloud services company competing with the hyperscalers. What are the panelists views on this?
- What does moving network functionality to the cloud mean for customers?
- It was mentioned that the end goal at Deutsche Telekom is to have a common infrastructure to run all workloads. Do you expect to have a common organisation for all services as well?
First Broadcast Live: September 2022
EVP, Chief Technology and Strategy Officer, Mavenir
Chief Technology and Information Officer, Neos Networks
CTO, Telecom Systems Business, Dell Technologies
VP Cloudified Production, Deutsche Telekom
Head of Product Management, Intelligent Cloud, Wind River