Live Q&A featuring BT, LF Networking, Open Infrastructure Foundation, Orange and Verizon Wireless
To embed our video on your website copy and paste the code below:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0-bn0e13uOM?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The Q&A Show was broadcast live during Day Two of the Cloud Native Telco Summit. TelecomTV’s Guy Daniels and Ray Le Maistre were joined by industry guest panellists for this question and answer session. Among the questions raised by our audience were:
- What does the Panel think about having all the functions in the cloud and having MEC as near as possible to the DU/RU?
- Can we have some insight on how ML and AI is used with network observability to provide feedback and improve the network KPIs of telco cloud?
- Why are many Telcos not yet adopting open source and standards but continue to depend on vendor specific technology?
- How do we fix the challenge of incompatible existing operational structures?
- What's the overall impact on energy consumption in cloud native versus more traditional models?
- Are there any open source software tools available to test CNFs? How can we validate CNFs before we move to using them?
First Broadcast Live: September 2022
Telco Cloud NFV, 5G Core Architect, Orange
VP Ecosystem and Community, LF Networking
Senior Manager, Community & Ecosystem, Open Infrastructure Foundation
Executive Director Cloud and Technology Planning Global Network & Technology, Verizon Wireless
Managing Director Architecture & Technology Strategy and Chief Architect, BT