Live Q&A featuring Arelion, Ericsson Cloud Software & Services, Optiva Inc. and Rakuten Symphony
To embed our video on your website copy and paste the code below:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8u3jfw1Oxio?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Live Q&A discussion
This Live Q&A Show was broadcast at the end of day one of the Cloud Native Telco Summit. TelecomTV’s Guy Daniels was joined by industry guest panellists for this question and answer session. Among the questions raised by our audience were:
- By cloud native, do you mean put the telco on AWS, Google or Azure? So what can we do to better educate and inform the whole industry?
- Is the jury still out on whether cloud native is a success or not? Either generally or within the context of telcos? Is it making life demonstrably better for telcos?
- Will we ever realise a truly cloud-native radio access network transformation because the various standards bodies, such as 3GPP, O-RAN etc, don't seem to promote cloud-native technologies except for 5G core or perhaps various OSS and BSS systems?
- Making a product cloud agnostic is difficult, but making a whole telco cloud agnostic is surely close to impossible. How on earth do we achieve something like this?
- What is the threat landscape and what are the cybersecurity challenges in moving towards the full cloud-native telco? Are there any specific security differences that make life slightly easier for operators or are there new challenges that cloud-native introduces?
First Broadcast Live: September 2023
Chief Technology Officer, Optiva Inc.
Vice President and Chief Evangelist, Arelion
President, Cloud BU, Rakuten Symphony
Senior Expert Deployment Architectures, Ericsson Cloud Software & Services