Live Q&A featuring Appledore, ConnectiviTree (Europe) AG, Microsoft, and Verizon
To embed our video on your website copy and paste the code below:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mpkQ-9IHqwg?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Live Q&A discussion
This Live Q&A Show was broadcast at the end of day two of the AI-Native Telco Summit. TelecomTV’s Guy Daniels was joined by industry guest panellists for this question and answer session. Among the questions raised by our audience were:
- What are the AI use cases for telcos? What are the quick wins and what new use cases are enabled by AI?
- AI has been applied to telco solutions for more than a decade, so what are CSPs going to do differently this time? What impact is GenAI going to have?
- We are still far from the vision of the AI-native network, although 3GPP and the O-RAN Alliance are starting to address this. How will the standards develop and what challenges need to be overcome?
- How is the adoption of AI by telcos going to change the customer experience?
- How can you unify the operations, administration and maintenance (OAM) data models by using AI?
- Is there a danger of mixing ‘AIOps’ with ‘using AI to operate the network’? Do we need to be more careful with our terminology?
- Increased AI and automation adoption in the telecom sector means less workforce is required to do the jobs, so how do telcos address this potential threat to employees’ livelihoods?
- Is there a way to use AI to pursue the DSP transformation journey, such as understanding an operational future state, or assessing pain points and business needs?
First Broadcast Live: October 2023
SDN Product Strategies, Verizon
GM Azure for Operators, Microsoft
CTO, ConnectiviTree (Europe) AG
Principal Analyst, Appledore Research