Super Panel: Are MEC and NFV the key building blocks for 5G? - Part 4
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4GJl91xlCiE?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Our super panelists from Deutsche Telekom, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Intel, Swisscom & Telefonica explore:-
- Chicken and Egg: Which comes first NFV or MEC?
- Does MEC even need NFV?
- Do the new use cases that MEC will purportedly enable help to justify the CSPs RoIe in NFV?
- What are these use cases?
- What are the challenges in creating an NFV/MEC architecture for CSPs?
- How can they overcome them?
- Will MEC enable CSPs to offer 5G style service
Editor in Chief
Vice President, Data Center Group, & General Manager, 5G Infrastructure pision,
Diego R. Lopez
Head of Technology Exploration & Standards, Telefónica
Head of Standardisation
Vice President, Aggregation, Transport, IP (TI-ATI) & Infrastructure Cloud Architecture
Deutsche Telekom AG
NFV Architect, Communications Solutions Business
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Filmed at: The Louwman Museum, The Hague, Netherlands