Network Advanced Threat Protection Market to Hit $1.3B in 2019
Dec 24, 2015
CAMPBELL, Calif. (December 24, 2015)—Sales of network advanced threat protection (ATP) solutions, which detect sophisticated malware, reached $194 million worldwide in the third quarter of 2015 (3Q15), up 7 percent over 2Q15, and up 53 percent over 3Q14.
“Network ATP is by far the fastest-growing segment in the content security market. It has high appeal to the same types of security-conscious customers that invested early in intrusion prevention systems (IPS), but thanks to software-as-a-service technology, ATP will be available to less savvy customers much more quickly than IPS,” said Jeff Wilson, senior research director for cybersecurity technology at IHS.
“We’re forecasting the global network ATP market to reach $1.3 billion in 2019, a 22 percent compound annual growth rate over the five years from 2014 to 2019,”Wilson said.
MORE CONTENT SECURITY MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Global content security gateway appliance and software revenue totaled $856 million in 3Q15, growing 2.3 percent sequentially
- Unchanged from last quarter, 65 percent of 3Q15 content security gateway revenue was from appliances, and the remaining 35 percent came from software
- Intel Security ranked first in content security gateway market share in 3Q15, Blue Coat moved into second and Cisco took third.
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.