Fujitsu to showcase latest advances in Quantum-inspired computing
Feb 18, 2018
Munich, February 15, 2018 - At Mobile World Congress 2018, Fujitsu will showcase how it is at the forefront of the next wave of computing technology. With its pioneering work to accelerate the application of Quantum Computing concepts, visitors will be able to see how Fujitsu addresses real-world business challenges across different industry sectors such as finance, chemistry, energy, and distribution.
At booth A80 in Hall 5, Fujitsu will demonstrate its Digital Annealer computational architecture, which uses quantum-inspired digital circuits to more rapidly solve combinatorial problems. This revolutionary technology bridges the gap between classical computing architectures and quantum computers, providing practical yet impressive computing power that can be deployed in existing infrastructures.
The Digital Annealer architecture employs conventional semiconductor technology with flexible circuit configurations, which allow it to handle a broader range of problems than current quantum computing technology can manage. Unlike quantum computers, Fujitsu’s Digital Annealer operates at room temperature, without the need for complex, expensive cooling solutions to reach very low temperatures close to absolute zero (-273 degrees Celsius). Digital Annealer also fits in a conventional data center rack, as opposed to quantum computers which require considerable amounts of costly underlying infrastructure in order to function at all. This makes the Digital Annealer ideal for combinatorial problem-solving scenarios with real-world applications, such as comparing molecular similarities for the development of new drugs, or for the optimization of investment portfolios.
At Mobile World Congress 2018 in Barcelona, Fujitsu will also showcase the breadth of its mobile-enabling and digital transformation technologies and outline how the company is working with customers and partners on digital co-creation projects. The company will present insightful demonstrations and customer case studies under the theme of Human Centric Innovation – Digital Co-creation. These will showcase how Fujitsu is applying advanced technologies to deliver value to its customers across a range of industries, including automotive, manufacturing and transport.
Join Fujitsu at Mobile World Congress 2018 to experience live demonstrations and co-creation case studies covering the following key technologies and industries:
- Re-imagining the future of the automotive industry with Connected Cars and OTA (Over the Air) solutions
- See real progress towards Smart Cities with the SPATIOWL transportation solutions
- Follow the path to Industry 4.0 with the INTELLIEDGE IoT platform
- Go beyond the hype of Artificial Intelligence: See case studies on how to boost business performance
- 5G is coming: Understand how operators can anticipate, get ahead of the pack and extract the full promise from this transformative new telecommunications technology
- Fujitsu’s Virtual Private Digital Exchange (VPX) Technology: Applying blockchain technology to utilize secure data across multiple industries. See how this networking solution is accelerating data exchange for digital co-creation
- Learn how Fujitsu is fostering new IoT projects with the right digital hyperconnected services: Hybrid IT, Digital Workplace and Network Managed Services
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.