Enhanced Investment Protection, Flexibility, and Choice for SC Series Customers from Integration with Best-in-Class Portfolio of Dell EMC Storage Management, Mobility and Data Protection
DELL EMC WORLD 2016, AUSTIN, Texas , October 19, 2016 -
Dell EMC announced it has boosted the capabilities of its mid-market proven SC Series (formerly Compellent™) storage arrays by making them interoperable with the world’s leading portfolio of storage management, mobility and data protection solutions formerly only available to EMC customers.
A core tenet of Dell EMC’s portfolio strategy is to provide customers with the ultimate in choice and flexibility regardless of the problem they are trying to solve. By rapidly extending key Dell EMC™ software capabilities to include the SC series, Dell EMC enables customers to mix and match Dell and EMC storage products and services within their enterprises while taking advantage of a common user experience with the same storage management, data protection and mobility capabilities.
“Our portfolio strategy is all about choice,” said Jeff Boudreau, SVP and General Manager, Midrange Storage, Dell EMC. “With today’s announcement, we’re enabling our SC Series customers to continue using the products they’ve invested in while also having access to exciting new capabilities as Dell EMC continues to combine our storage solutions into a seamless portfolio.”
Integration Includes Storage Management, Data Protection and Mobility
Dell EMC has extended coverage of the following software and hardware solutions to SC Series storage arrays:
Storage Management and Mobility
- Dell EMC ViPR® Suite: comprised of ViPR Controller and ViPR Storage Resource Management (SRM), provides automated insight and action designed for heterogeneous storage arrays
- Dell EMC Intelligent Data Mobility (IDM) technology : enables smooth and seamless migration to newer systems at a fixed proportional rate
- Dell EMC PowerPath® software: high-performance multipath software automates data path management, failover and recovery, and optimizes load balancing to ensure application availability and performance, unlike most native operating system multiple path I/O (MPIO) functions
- Dell EMC VPLEX ® systems: deliver continuous availability and data mobility to ensure uptime for mission-critical applications and now offers twice the performance, a cost-effective All-Flash solution and full support for the SC Series
- Dell EMC CloudArray technology: cloud-integrated storage extends on-premise storage arrays to cost-effective cloud capacity.
- Dell EMC Data Domain ® systems: According to IDC, EMC pre-merger was the industry’s #1 Purpose Built Backup Appliance delivering leading performance and efficiency for de-duplicated backup and recovery of data on SC Series arrays
- Dell EMC Data Protection Suite™ for Backup featuring Avamar® and NetWorker® technology: offers high performance backup and recovery for SC arrays including de-duplication backup to Data Domain, backup to disk, backup to tape, and long term retention to cloud as well as comprehensive backup monitoring, analysis and reporting
- Dell EMC RecoverPoint® for Virtual Machines: a simple, efficient operational and disaster recovery solution for virtualized applications in VMware environments.
Dell Financial Services
For rapidly-growing small to mid-market enterprises with technology needs that outpace current budgets, Dell Financial Services (DFS) can help customers choose the right financing model to match their technology through its industry-leading portfolio of OpenScale Flexible Payment Solutions.
The line-up of Dell EMC storage management, data protection and mobility products listed above is available immediately for SC Series, except for ViPR SRM and PowerPath, support for which is planned by the end of 2016.
Scott Sinclair, Senior Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group
“This is a strong example of the benefits a combined Dell EMC can bring to its customers to modernize their data centers. Whether it’s large enterprise or small, whether a customer has a need for the highest-performing DSSD rack-scale flash array or an entry-level SC Series storage array, Dell EMC can provide the right storage system to fit virtually any customer use case.”
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.