The After Show: Monday
Jun 28, 2021
- Monday 28th June, 2021
Emmanuel Bidet, VP Convergent Networks Control, Orange
Mark Henry, Technology & Business Strategy Director, BT
Richard Band, Head of Mobile Core and 5G, Communications Technology Group, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Timo Jokiaho, Chief Technologist, Global Telco Ecosystem, Red Hat
To embed our video on your website copy and paste the code below:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dWiypVepCTE?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The After Show was broadcast live at the end of Day One of Spotlight on 5G week. TelecomTV’s Guy Daniels and Ray Le Maistre were joined by panelists for this end-of-day question and answer session. Among the questions raised by our audience were:
- How have, or will, standards from the SDO community play a role in shaping your collective 5G strategies?
- Do you see the 5G Core having to evolve and go through more rapid standards upgrades if it is to support the growing array of RAN technologies and the increasing demands being placed on CSPs?
- Is an open hybrid cloud platform - one that is also containerized and webscale - the best way to maximise 5G Core capabilities?
- Are we going to see a redefinition of a systems integrator?
- As the 5G core becomes disaggregated, will best-of-breed 5G Core deployments become the norm, rather than operators sourcing the soup-to-nuts solution from a single vendor?
We also feature the first installment of our Uncorked series, where we take a look at the major wine producing regions of Spain, with Pierre Mansour, Director of Wine at The Wine Society. Today, the spotlight is on Cava. Plus, we launch “Your After Show’, and invite you to send in your photographic memories of past MWC events. We will also reveal who has won today’s Great Tapas Taste-Off challenge.
Pierre Mansour, Director of Wine, The Wine Society
MONDAY: The Society’s Cava Reserva Brut NV
The Society's Cava is made by Sumarroca, a small family estate in Penedès, who use the traditional cava grapes (parellada, macabeo and xarel-lo) plus a touch of chardonnay to add finesse. What makes Sumarroca stand out from other cava producers is that they age the wine on its lees for an extended period of 30 months.
Click here to learn more and subscribe (https://www.thewinesociety.com/)
VP Convergent Networks Control, Orange
Technology & Business Strategy Director, BT
Head of Mobile Core and 5G, Communications Technology Group, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Chief Technologist, Global Telco Ecosystem, Red Hat
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.