Ribbon and LogMeIn Work Together to Dynamically Respond to Increased Network Traffic Demands
Apr 13, 2020
Due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, many organizations are increasingly turning to LogMeIn’s popular UCC portfolio, including products like GoToMeeting and GoToWebinar, to support their remote workforces. Ribbon’s market-leading Session Border Controller (SBC) 7000, Policy and Routing Solution (PSX), C3 Call Session Controller, and G9 Media Gateway all support LogMeIn’s advanced Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) and Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) operations for the company’s UCC products. In addition, LogMeIn is taking advantage of Ribbon’s Network-Wide License (NWL) model with burst licensing to enable greater flexibility to meet dynamically changing network capacity demands.
“We have experienced unprecedented growth in the usage of our unified communications and collaboration products over the past month due to the COVID-19 outbreak and the seismic shift in the number of employees working from home,” said Ian Pitt, CIO at LogMeIn. “By leveraging Ribbon’s carrier-grade, highly scalable solutions and the flexible Network-Wide Licensing model with burst licensing, we are well prepared to seamlessly scale with the demand. Ribbon’s solutions have been very stable under the increased load, which has allowed us to continue to provide the quality and reliability our customers expect. We will be looking to deploy additional Ribbon resources as we continue to expand and grow.”
“We are delighted that our market-proven solutions are helping customers, like LogMeIn, to easily accommodate unexpected spikes in traffic demands,” said Steven Bruny, Executive Vice President of Sales for the Americas Region for Ribbon. “LogMeIn’s UCC portfolio includes some of the most well-known and trusted collaboration solutions in the marketplace, so we are extremely proud that they have entrusted Ribbon to help them meet this growing demand from their customers.”
LogMeIn’s extensive portfolio of remote work solutions includes the popular GoToSuite of products, GoToMyPC, RescueAssist and more to make it easy to connect, access and support teams quickly and professionally, regardless of where users are located.
Ribbon’s SBC 7000 delivers some of the industry’s highest capacity signaling, media and transcoding capabilities via simple software licenses. The Ribbon PSX solution delivers a centralized intelligent routing engine that manages the security, complexity and cost of routing calls within a network. The G9 Converged Gateway provides advanced protocol, interface, security, signaling, and media processing support across all wireless and wireline, access and core, and IP and TDM environments. Ribbon’s C3 Call Session Controller provides service convergence and feature transparency across a wide range of wireless, wireline, TDM, and IP networks.
- LogMeIn is leveraging several components of Ribbon’s extensive cloud and edge software portfolio to manage increased network capacity due to the dramatic increase in remote workers.
- LogMeIn has seamlessly managed unprecedented demand for its UCC solutions due to the COVID-19 global pandemic forcing companies to go to distributed workplace models.
- Ribbon’s Network-Wide Licensing with burst licensing allows LogMeIn to optimize SBC session utilization by managing a single pool of session licenses across the entire network. This means LogMeIn can respond to dynamically changing peak traffic levels versus being limited to a per-node basis.
- Ribbon’s market-leading SBC 7000, Policy and Routing Solution, C3 Call Session Controller, and G9 Media Gateway are all helping LogMeIn deliver the latest in communications and security capabilities to its customers.
- LogMeIn expects to deploy additional Ribbon resources as part of its continued growth and expansion.
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.