UST Global selects Juniper Networks' cloud-grade solutions to accelerate its digital transformation journey
Dec 6, 2017
BANGALORE, INDIA --(Marketwired - December 06, 2017) - Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, today announced that UST Global, a leading multinational digital technology services company, has selected Juniper's cloud-grade solutions for its new Trivandrum, India campus to accelerate its customers' digital transformation while also freeing up IT resources in its data center infrastructure.
As UST Global continues to grow alongside its customers, the company has leveraged Juniper Networks® MX960 3D Universal Edge Router, QFX5100 and EX Series Ethernet Switches to build more than just a network. UST Global's new flexible, secure and automated infrastructure will enable the company to improve operational and capital efficiencies of its global network, while also facilitating its continued expansion both geographically, as well as into new industries on top of its core sectors of retail, banking and healthcare.
Designed from the ground up to be an architectural and highly-scalable technological showpiece, UST's new campus maintains an ultra-modern local area network (LAN) and a data center infrastructure that powers its global intranet and all in-house hosted applications for the company's nearly 20,000 global employees.
Through its new network, UST has not only significantly increased its networking capacity, but it has also benefited from Juniper's forward-looking, open-standards solutions, which offers UST the flexibility to choose technologies that are the best fit for its business, all while lowering total cost of ownership.
- UST Global has deployed the flagship Juniper Networks MX960 3D Universal Edge Router as its campus core switch to provide high-density 40G and 100G connectivity and scale for future growth from day one of deployment. The MX960 can also integrate critical network services, such as stateful firewalls IPSec and Carrier-Grade NAT.
- Juniper Networks EX4300 Ethernet Switches serve as UST's access switches, providing up to 320 Gbps of virtual chassis capacity, allowing for ample headroom as UST grows.
- UST Global selected the Juniper QFX5100 Series switches to create a Virtual Chassis Fabric (VCF) solution for its datacenter. VCF provides a low-latency, high-performance fabric architecture that can be managed as a single device.
- UST deployed Juniper's MX5 3D Universal Edge Router at each of its data center sites to act as border gateways, while also providing connections to Global MPLS WAN partners alongside direct and public peers. The MX5 is a compact and full-featured routing platform that supports high-density connectivity and dedicated processing for compute-intensive network services.
- Using Junos® OS, UST has simplified network operations to allow the company to minimize the resources required to manage its networking and security functions, freeing up IT resources to focus on high-value business priorities.
These deployments come after a full vendor review and add on to the Juniper footprint deployed by UST Global previously across other locations worldwide.
"With today's massive digital transformation, the time lag between ideation to product delivery is getting a lot closer, and requires far more agility. We passionately believe in bridging the gap between business and IT, through the adoption of advanced automation across policy frameworks -- and the solutions from Juniper Networks have helped us tremendously in our journey, with their design of a truly Cloud-Grade Network infrastructure.
- Sunil Kanchi, chief information officer, UST Global
"As an emerging leader across the digital and technology space, UST Global was looking to build a truly world-class network and data center infrastructure which could power its global operations. The Trivandrum campus was designed as a masterpiece for the company from an architectural and technological standpoint. We are delighted to have been selected by UST Global to drive its next-generation, future-proof networking infrastructure and to meet its compelling business and internal needs for years to come."
- Dinesh Verma, managing director, India and SAARC, Juniper Networks
Sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos, plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox.