Un-carrier Network List of Firsts
Via T-Mobile USA Newsroom
Sep 6, 2016
In recent years, every meaningful network innovation has been available first on T-Mobile—including VoLTE, HD Voice, worldwide Wi-Fi Calling, Enhanced Voice Services, 4G LTE CellSpots and Rich Communications Services. To name a few.
- Jun 2007: First to launch Wi-Fi Calling with T-Mobile Hotspot @Home, allowing call handoffs from 2G to Wi-Fi.
- Sep 2008: First to launch an Android™ powered mobile phone – the G1
- Jan 2013: First with HD Voice, and first to launch it nationwide, for crystal clear call quality
- May 2014: First to launch VoLTE* for faster call connections, fast LTE data speeds while on a call, HD Voice and seamless transitions between 2G/4G and LTE networks
- Sep 2014: First with Wi-Fi Calling worldwide allowing you to move seamlessly between our LTE network and any available Wi-Fi connection (VoLTE w/ eSRVCC*).
- Jul 2015: First with RCS-based Advanced Messaging for rich 1 on 1 and group messaging, including near real-time chat right out of the box
- Sep 2015: First with Video Calling so you can see and hear family and friends right from your device’s dialer and right out of the box using LTE or Wi-Fi
- Nov 2015: First and only to offer free 4G LTE CellSpots, the first-ever 4G LTE mini-tower available from a U.S. wireless provider for full-bar T-Mobile LTE coverage throughout your home, small business or virtually anywhere you need it
- Feb 2016: First to trial deployment of License Assisted Access*, an exciting innovation that will increase network efficiency and throughput speeds using unlicensed spectrum
- Apr 2016: First with Enhanced Voice Services*, which improves voice call reliability and fidelity over HD Voice
- Sep 2016: First with 4x4 MIMO* (Multi-In Multi-Out), which doubles speeds over 4x2 MIMO, allowing four radios at the cell site to send and receive signals with four antennas on the smartphone.
- Sep 2016: First with 256 QAM* (Quadrature Amplitude Modulation), which provides a higher resolution data signal for increased speeds. *An LTE-Advanced technology
4x4 MIMO and Carrier Aggregation Markets List 246 KB - PDF | Download
This content extract was originally sourced from an external website (T-Mobile USA Newsroom) and is the copyright of the external website owner. TelecomTV is not responsible for the content of external websites. Legal Notices
Sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos, plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox.