Microsoft and Salesforce strengthen strategic partnership at Dreamforce 2015
Sep 17, 2015
SAN FRANCISCO—DREAMFORCE 2015—Sep t. 16, 2015 —Today Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq: MSFT) and Salesforce (NYSE: CRM) announced plans to extend their strategic partnership to connect the Salesforce Customer Success Platform to Microsoft Office productivity apps and services. The two leaders plan to deliver new solutions that integrate Salesforce with Skype for Business, OneNote, Delve and Windows 10 to empower companies to connect with their customers and collaborate more effectively.
Microsoft and Salesforce continue to deliver on their strategic partnership with the general availability of two new integrations announced in October 2014: Salesforce App for Outlook, which works with Outlook 2013 and Office 365, and Salesforce1 Mobile App for Microsoft Office.
New Integrations to Make Joint Customers More Productive Than Ever Before**
** Microsoft and Salesforce have committed to working together to bring the following solutions to life:
- Skype for Business Integration with Salesforce Lightning Experience: Salesforce will integrate Skype for Business (formerly known as Lync) into its new Lightning Experience, a modern and re-imagined Salesforce that combines an intelligent new user experience with proven best practices that enable people to work faster and smarter. Office 365 customers will be able to use Skype for Business to create Web meetings, determine if colleagues are online or not, click to chat and make voice and video calls from the Salesforce Lightning Experience. A preview is anticipated in the second half of 2016.
- OneNote Integration with Salesforce Lightning Experience: Users will be able to associate notes with Salesforce records, and view and edit notes directly in OneNote from the Salesforce Lightning Experience. A preview is anticipated in the second half of 2016.
- Salesforce Integration with Office Graph and Office Delve: Enabled by the Office Graph, an open ecosystem for sharing, collaboration and discovery, Office 365 users will be able to view and discover Salesforce content in Office Delve, such as sales opportunities, customer accounts and service cases. Availability is anticipated in the second half of 2016.
- Salesforce1 Mobile App for Windows 10: Salesforce will deliver a Windows 10 app to empower sales teams to move deals forward while on the go, using their favorite Windows device. Availability is anticipated in the second half of 2016.
Comments on the News:
- “Customer success is at the heart of everything we do at Salesforce, including our partnership with Microsoft,” said Marc Benioff, Chairman and CEO, Salesforce. “Our collaboration has been so successful, now we’re doubling down and delivering even more innovation that will help our mutual customers be more productive and connect with their customers in a whole new way.”
- “Furthering our mission to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more, is the motivating force behind our partnership with Salesforce,” said Satya Nadella, CEO, Microsoft Corp. “As a platform and productivity company, we are focused on bringing together the best of Microsoft Azure, Office and Windows with partners like Salesforce to empower our mutual customers to network, collaborate, communicate and discover information in more effective ways.”
- “As a global company with more than 400 brands, we are always looking for ways to strengthen collaboration across departments and take the complexity out of work,” said Paulo De Sa, VP Employee Services Technology, Unilever. “Together, Salesforce and Microsoft Office are helping us create an integrated digital workplace where our 170,000+ employees around the world can be more productive and connect with each other and with customers like never before.”
**Building on a Foundation of Success ** These new integrations will build on existing joint solutions that enable mutual customers to be more productive than ever before, including:
- Salesforce Files Connect integration with SharePoint and OneDrive for Business
- Salesforce Wave Connector for Excel
- Salesforce integration with Power Query for Excel
- Salesforce Mobile SDK for Windows
- Salesforce1 for Windows 8.1 Phone Preview
- Power BI for Office 365 integration with Salesforce
- Check out all of these integrations at Dreamforce 2015, Sept. 15-18, in San Francisco
- Learn more about the partnership visit: http://www.salesforce.com/microsoft
Connect with Salesforce and Microsoft
- Like Salesforce and Microsoft on Facebook http://facebook.com/salesforce and https://www.facebook.com/Microsoft
- Follow @salesforce and @Microsoft on Twitter
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world’s #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos, plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox.