eww ITandTEL upgrades nationwide network with Ciena and Kapsch
Via Ciena News Room
Jul 27, 2016
Monetisation of utility network for high-capacity wholesale services and business applications across Austria and neighbouring countries
Hanover, Md. - Business Wire, Jul. 27, 2016 eww ITandTEL is upgrading its backbone network and ensuring super-fast connectivity in response to growing demand for IT and telecommunications services in Austria. With Ciena’s® (NYSE: CIEN) packet-optical technology, deployed with Kapsch BusinessCom, eww ITandTEL’s advanced 100G network can support enterprises with internet connectivity, cloud technologies, data centre services and workplace solutions. eww ITandTEL is also upgrading its wholesale carrier service offerings between international exchanges in Vienna and Frankfurt with new high-capacity services.
- ITandTEL is the telecommunications division of eww ag, a wide-ranging utility company in Upper-Austria. By broadening its offerings with high-capacity networking services, ITandTEL is extending the eww ag business and monetising its networking infrastructure to tap into new markets and new revenue streams.
- With this 100G upgrade, eww ITandTEL is strengthening its network core to support its enterprise communication services portfolio, including internet, e-mail services, data backup, security and telephony; as well as adapting to meet escalating demands driven by the surge of cloud computing and video. Enhanced data centre interconnect (DCI) will also underpin eww ITandTEL’s colocation and hosting capabilities from its five data centres.
- Flexible, long-haul, high-bandwidth connectivity based on Ciena’s 6500 Converged Packet Optical platform allows eww ITandTEL to extend its carrier wholesale services and support internet service providers (ISPs) with high-bandwidth connections and peering through its international and local exchanges.
- Kapsch, a CienaBizConnect partner, worked with Ciena on this project, providing pre-sales support as well as integration services and maintenance. Ciena facilitated the planning and design, and will provide ongoing consultation to help eww ITandTEL further monetise its network assets.
- "As cloud computing and other high-bandwidth services become more and more integral to the workplace and society, the supporting IT and network services must be agile enough to adapt. With Ciena’s technology and Kapsch’s support, our Austrian enterprise and wholesale customers can simplify their IT with scalable solutions. This frees up time and resources so businesses can focus on their core competencies, not their infrastructure.”
Bernhard Peham, Head of ITandTEL,at eww ITandTEL
“The partnership between Ciena and Kapsch gives eww ITandTEL’s network an edge, delivering both technological and strategic business value. Enterprise and wholesale customers have access to the latest IT and telecommunications technologies, and can utilize a range of ICT services to develop and adapt their own business models.”
Andreas Lufteinsteiner,Sales Manager UtilitiesatKapsch BusinessCom AG
“ITandTel understands the changing needs of enterprises and carriers. The enhanced high-capacity platform will allow ITandTel to support high-bandwidth applications and services essential in today’s on-demand world.”
- Daniel Prokop, Regional Sales Director,Central Europe, at Ciena
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.