EMC Federation Unveils New Innovations, Expanded Partnership with SAP, Partner Programs and Customer Solutions Across Hybrid Cloud Portfolio
Via EMC Newsroom
Aug 31, 2015
- Virtustream now one of the select few premier strategic providers of cloud infrastructure services for SAP HANA® Enterprise Cloud
- New EMC Federation integrated solutions and offerings deliver advancements across key hybrid cloud focus areas: business continuity and disaster recovery, object storage services, hyper-converged infrastructure and end user computing
- New “Federation Ready” credential program formed for partners who can sell, consult, implement and deploy the EMC Federation Enterprise Hybrid Cloud solution
- New customers demonstrate the strength, unmatched breadth and momentum of EMC Federation hybrid cloud portfolio
- Virtustream to announce plans, which will include leveraging other EMC Federation capabilities, in Q4.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA , AUGUST 31, 2015 - EMC Federation Unveils New Innovations, Expanded Partnership with SAP, Partner Programs and Customer Solutions Across Hybrid Cloud Portfolio
The EMC Federation, including the newly acquired Virtustream, today announced new innovations, partner programs and customers across its Hybrid Cloud portfolio. The EMC Federation provides customers with the industry's most complete Hybrid Cloud portfolio, able to support all workloads and all cloud models –private, public and managed clouds. Through a common platform, customers are now able to manage multiple clouds and multiple cloud service providers as one logical cloud with the distinction between on premises and off premises being eliminated.
Virtustream Expands SAP Partnership
Virtustream helps enterprises around the world migrate, run and manage their I/O-intensive, mission-critical applications in the cloud. Its cloud credentials in support of SAP® solutions are outstanding in the industry, having deployed in production environments more than 200 SAP solutions and one of the first implementations of the SAP Business Suite 4 SAP HANA® (SAP S/4HANA) in the cloud. Today Virtustream announced that it is now one of a select few premier strategic providers of cloud infrastructure services for SAP business-critical applications in SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud. (See separate release)
Virtustream forms the foundation of the EMC Federation's new managed cloud services business, led by chief executive officer Rodney Rogers. Virtustream will announce its plans, which will include leveraging other EMC Federation capabilities, in Q4.
Leading Hybrid Cloud Innovations
The Federation cloud portfolio is unparalleled in the industry, spanning private, managed, and public cloud. The EMC Federation Enterprise Hybrid Cloud solution delivers a private cloud with on ramps to public cloud services; Virtustream excels as a managed cloud service for mission-critical applications; and VMware vCloud® Air™ specializes as a public cloud offering. While quite distinct today, looking forward, many of the underlying technologies from these offerings will be integrated. For example, VMware hybrid networking capabilities will be integrated into future versions of the Virtustream® xStream® Cloud Management Platform.
Today's announcements detail new capabilities across the Federation:
- VMware has enhanced its vCloud Air Disaster Recovery Services. Disaster Recovery OnDemand™ will add a pay-for-what-you-consume pricing option, and Site Recovery Manager Air™ is a new software-as-a-service offering that will provide a comprehensive management solution for designing, testing, executing and orchestrating centralized business continuity and disaster recovery plans. (See separate release)
- VMware vCloud Air Object Storage™, powered by EMC, is a portfolio of highly scalable, reliable and cost effective storage services for unstructured data, and will be integrated into VMware vCloud Air OnDemand Platform. (See separate release)
- A preview of updates to the Federation Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Solution, featuring best-in-class technologies from EMC Federation companies including the ability to get started with modern application development through Pivotal Cloud Foundry. Also announced today are a new "Federation Ready" partner credential program and a new Federation End-User Computing Solution aimed at driving the complexity out of deploying and maintaining Virtual Desktop Infrastructures (VDI). (See separate release)
- VCE® has expanded VxRack®, its innovative hyper-converged rackscale System, with a new offering based on VMware software. This new persona of VxRack enables IT organizations to quickly and cost effectively deploy Hybrid Cloud infrastructure based on a VMware software-defined architecture. ([See separate release], which will be available at 10:00 AM PT)
New EMC Federation customer agreements announced today demonstrate the strength and breadth of EMC Federation hybrid cloud:
New Hybrid Cloud Customers
University of North Texas
The University of North Texas System provides rich and expansive IT services for more than 41,000 students and 5000 faculty/staff. Prior to the EMC Federation Hybrid Cloud solution, which University of North Texas System implemented in just 28 days, these services were siloed, expensive, and inefficient. Now when clients request services, they come through a self-service portal. University of North Texas System plans to save significant resources and money in every corner of the IT service set, freeing them up for more strategic projects
National Physician Services
National Physician Services (NPS) efforts to extend its business nationwide were hampered because existing IT infrastructure could not scale with the company's rapid growth. VMware vCloud Air addressed these issues by delivering public cloud services in multiple locations without increasing staff. Using VMware vCloud Air's disaster recovery features, NPS also mirrors customer information to a second data center, reducing recovery time by 75 percent. Physicians now have greater confidence in the availability of their clinical applications and patient data and NPS can focus IT on improving company profitability and enhancing patient care.
New Federation go to Market Team
Many of the world's largest companies are under pressure to transform and offer new digital experiences and business models. To achieve this transformation IT must also transform. IT must become more efficient and more agile while continuing to deliver service levels the business expects. Across its portfolio of companies, the EMC Federation uniquely addresses these challenges.
To provide a seamless interface to customers beginning their transformation the EMC Federation has introduced a new go to market team. The team comprises a highly specialized collection of experts from across the EMC Federation to provide dedicated support to the most strategic EMC Federation customers on their Digital Transformation and Hybrid Cloud journey.
Sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos, plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox.