5G: Service-based Architecture (SbA): Evolution toward IT-centric practices
Sep 6, 2018
As 5G has quickly shifted from the design of a new radio to an end-to-end service architecture network, service providers are preparing for a major architectural change. This webinar will examine the state of 5G, including drivers and challenges, and explore how IT practices such as network slicing will be implemented to create an agile and flexible open network truly oriented towards end-to-end services.
Key Topics for Discussion
- State of 5G, drivers, and challenges
- SDN/NFV and cloud in 5G architecture
- 5G Service-based Architecture (SbA)
- Shared Data Environment (SDE) across variety of VNFs and Slices
- 5G platform requirements for SbA and slicing
- Answers to audience questions during live Q&A
- Stéphane Téral, Executive Director - Research and Analysis, Mobile Infrastructure & Carrier Economics, IHS Markit
- Lee Hines, Chief Strategist, Communications & Media Solutions, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Dan Lynch, FlexRAN Platform and Product Line Director, Intel
- Allen Tatara, Sr. Manager, Webinar Events, IHS Markit (Moderator)
Sponsored by HPE and Intel
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.