Indosat Ooredoo Hutchison to accelerate its digital transformation leveraging Ericsson’s Digital Monetisation Platform
Mar 15, 2023
- Indosat Ooredoo Hutchison (Indosat) and Ericsson collaborate to enable end-to-end business solutions that accelerate digital transformation using Digital Monetization Platform (DMP).
- Ericsson DMP will drive Indosat’s digital transformation journey and ambition to become a full Digital Telco with its 5G network, partner ecosystem, new business models and multi-channel engagements.
Jakarta, India – Indosat Ooredoo Hutchison (IDX: ISAT) and Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) are partnering to enhance new digital offers for customers by accelerating Indosat’s digital transformation journey. With this journey, Indosat seeks to boost its competitive edge with many new opportunities centreed around digital networking – partner ecosystems, metaverse, new business models, multichannel engagements, network slicing, monetisation, contextual journeys, and APIs. 5G promises to revolutionise the enterprise segment for service providers, creating opportunities to develop deeper relationships and collaborations that will deliver benefits across the spectrum of enterprises, end users, and partners.
Ericsson Digital Monetization Platform (DMP), a product catalog enabled, convergent charging and billing solution and part of the Ericsson Telecom BSS portfolio, will help Indosat take advantage of those opportunities. Ericsson DMP enables Indosat to empower its partners and customers to build real, new business models for both consumer and enterprise users alike. This partnership will improve:
- Integration of BSS applications. Supporting the co-creation model that businesses are calling for will require the greater availability and integration of applications that make up the Business Support System (BSS) stack, with capabilities such as real-time exposure via standard APIs becoming essential to deliver the expected flexibility and service quality. Modern monetisation systems, such as those delivered through DMP, bring the ability to expose real-time charging data to customers monitoring their spend on multiple service bundles in their single service portal.
- Enterprise product catalog. As Indosat hands over more control to partners and customers to co-create service bundles, they will also need a product catalog system, such as the one enabled in DMP, which can incorporate many diverse products, from connectivity to IoT devices, and 5G slices.
- Enhanced customer experience. When B2B customers use a digital marketplace, they need access to capabilities like configuration, price, quote, and intelligent service suggestions. B2B customers need what major e-commerce sites routinely provide for consumers but may also have to support complex user hierarchies, with some business users authorised to make more significant solution bundles and purchase decisions than others.
Vikram Sinha, President Director and CEO of Indosat Ooredoo Hutchison, said: “A partner-first approach is our key strategy to pursue Indosat’s larger purpose to connect and empower every Indonesian by accelerating the nation's digital transformation. Now with Ericsson, we want to maximise the full potential of our 4G and 5G Network, partner ecosystem, new business models, and multi-channel engagements in delivering a marvellous experience to all customers, both consumers and enterprises. We believe that digital transformation will contribute more to Indonesia’s economic growth in the future.”
Jerry Soper, Head of Ericsson Indonesia, said: “This new partnership strengthens the long-standing collaboration between Ericsson and Indosat in Indonesia. DMP will empower Indosat to monetise assets while meeting customer demands with new offers that are faster to market, strengthen competitiveness, enable flexibility to meet market demands, and reduce costs through streamlined operations and TCO-efficient solutions. We are pleased to support Indosat in their transformation journey.”
In Indonesia, Indosat and Ericsson have a long-standing technology and services partnership covering 2G, 3G, 4G and more recently, live 5G trials. As a global ICT leader, Ericsson’s industry leading end-to-end 5G platform enables mobile service providers like Indosat to smoothly evolve their networks to 5G and minimise the time to market when they want to switch on, expand and improve their 5G.
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.