Kandy cloud communications platform enables CSPs to offer real-time communications services
Via Ribbon Media Center
Mar 15, 2019
ORLANDO, FL. – Ribbon Communications Inc. (Nasdaq: RBBN), a global software leader in secure and intelligent cloud communications, today announced that it is working with several leading service providers including KPN, The Netherlands’ leading telecom company, to leverage Ribbon’s Kandy Cloud Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS). Kandy allows KPN and other communications service providers to offer their customers instant access to market-leading WebRTC-based and other collaboration services that can be easily embedded into any app, service, website or business process.
KPN is leveraging Kandy for point-to-point WebRTC voice and video capabilities in their new API Store. KPN’s API Store provides a portfolio of reliable and secure APIs for both consumer and business-to-business markets. The key focus areas are communication, authentication, and security. The API Store offers both KPN and KPN partners’ APIs that help businesses move up the innovation curve, transform processes, and increase customer satisfaction.
“Ribbon’s Kandy Communications platform enables our customers to easily add high-quality, low-latency voice and video capabilities via our new API Store,” said Anuschka Diderich, Thought Leader API at KPN New Business. “With Kandy we are getting a proven platform that will allow us to deliver the flexible digital building blocks and applications that our customers need to serve their end-user customers in a quick time-to-market fashion.”
“Kandy CPaaS delivers service providers an innovation platform they need to compete in this emerging segment,” said Courtney Munroe, Group Vice President, Worldwide Telecommunications Research, IDC. “Service providers already have the customer relationships. Now Ribbon is giving them an efficient and effective way to create new digital solutions. Enterprises can leverage the latest in API-based communications tools for either building low-code applications, or quickly deploying pre-built digital applications. Programmable communications solutions are about creating new customer experiences and enhanced customer engagement tools that can differentiate a brand and drive revenue.”
“Service providers such as KPN have long-tenured relationships with some of the largest enterprises in the world, as well as last mile connectivity, which puts them in a unique and very advantageous position relative to new market entrants and over-the-top (OTT) players,” said Patrick Joggerst, Chief Marketing Officer for Ribbon. “Their focus on APIs as an enabler, as opposed to the end-game, to derive new turnkey marketplace apps will help fuel the age of digital transformation in the enterprise and enable them to quickly move up the communications value chain. We are delighted to work closely with KPN and other service providers to deliver digital solutions that will drive positive business outcomes in a simple, easy-to-consume manner.”
View Ribbon’s latest White Paper, Service Providers: Go on the Offensive with CPaaS
Ribbon’s Kandy CPaaS offers service providers numerous benefits including:
- the ability to take to market a carrier-grade, white label CPaaS solution that can be flexibly deployed in public, private or hybrid cloud environments while shortening a service provider’s time-to-market with light-weight OSS/BSS integration options.
- e-commerce services that make it easy for businesses to access and buy both traditional and new services, from one convenient location.
- the ability to offer on-demand freemium models so that service provider customers can try the apps before they buy them, with the capability of easily adding services onto existing accounts.
- an ecosystem of marketplace partners that can assist in delivering continued innovation.
- the ability to protect current UCaaS investments and customers while API-enabling their offerings and helping them build a seamless bridge to the digital world.
- the ability to easily deploy fully functional pre-built apps such as Live Support and Visual Attendant to digitally-enable field support, customer service and e-commerce.
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.