Sprint MultiLine to allow companies to add business line to employees' personal phones
Via Sprint Newsroom
Sep 15, 2017
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), August 22, 2017 - Sprint (NYSE: S) today announced it has launched Sprint MultiLine, an enterprise-grade solution within its Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) portfolio, that allows businesses to add a company-owned number for voice and text on any mobile device, regardless of carrier.
“Sprint MultiLine delivers a solution that allows businesses, ranging from large enterprises to SMB customers, to overcome real challenges in the ever-growing BYOD environment,” said Sprint Business President Jan Geldmacher. “Sprint offers an unmatched level of flexibility and simplicity of a second line service, allowing businesses to own the number, ensure compliance and manage costs, while allowing employees to carry one phone while keeping their work and personal communications completely separate.”
Demand for BYOD is expected to continue to grow enormously in the next few years. According to IDC’s Enterprise Mobility Update from June, 2017, 91% of enterprise IT decision makers indicated their companies support BYOD programs. Of those companies, 65% said they have experienced opex or capex savings as a result of implementing an employee liable device program.
“With Bring Your Own Device a market characteristic that is here to stay, it is critical that employers have options that allow individuals the flexibility of using their own device for personal and work use while reducing capital and operating expenses and ensuring compliance,” said Denise Lund, research director, Enterprise Mobility, IDC. “Products like Sprint MultiLine are designed with this in mind.”
Some of the most prominent benefits of Sprint MultiLine include:
- Business Identity – Providing business owners and managers peace of mind by ensuring that business will be conducted on a company-owned number to protect business relationships and company information.
- Ease of Management – A simple-to-use web portal allows business owners and managers to manage company phone numbers and settings.
- Regulatory Compliance – Providing call recording and text logging at an individual or group level to monitor and ensure compliance.
- Cost Savings – Business and organizations can reduce or eliminate expenses on employee mobile devices, as well as service and support.
- Employee Satisfaction – Allows employees to use the phone they love and the service plan that works for them, regardless of carrier, while keeping their primary number for personal use.
Sprint MultiLine maintains separation of voice and text usage to optimize the reimbursement process and will work on any carrier network, including cellular voice, mobile data and Wi-Fi.
This new technology is handset agnostic, allowing Sprint’s clients to successfully manage second line and BYOD programs, no matter which type of device employees use, or the underlying carrier that employees work with. This means enterprises can add a fully functional business line to any personal device while maintaining complete separation of mobile identities, increasing productivity for businesses and convenience for employees.
With Sprint MultiLine, businesses will be able to control costs with company-owned numbers and real-time analytics of corporate mobile data, text and voice usage. Secure voice and text logging is also available for regulated enterprises, such as financial institutions or large healthcare organizations, to ensure compliance.
To see how Sprint MultiLine can work for business, go to sprint.com/multiline.
Movius (www.moviuscorp.com), a leading provider of cloud-based mobile communication services, will power Sprint MultiLine with its patented technology and communications platform.
Sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos, plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox.