Nokia triples TD-LTE-A speeds and boosts capacity to bridge the digital divide and prepare for 5G in showcase at #MWC Shanghai
Via Nokia Releases
Jun 21, 2016
- Visitors to Mobile World Congress Shanghai to see how Nokia has increased TD-LTE speeds via TD-LTE-A Pro LTE/Wi-Fi® integration on Flexi Multiradio 10 Base stations
- Nokia FastMile for TD-LTE enables operators to reach underserved markets
- Innovative Nokia Intelligent Beamforming triples capacity of Nokia TD-LTE ‘Supercell’
Shanghai, China – Nokia is to showcase its innovative TD-LTE technology that enables operators to efficiently leverage 4G networks to meet ever-growing data demand and connect underserved areas of the world.
With subscriber demand for higher-definition, high-bandwidth video and other data services rising, and four billion people still without Internet connectivity across the globe, Nokia is developing TD-LTE-based innovations that will allow operators to extend the reach, capacity and speeds of their 4G networks and prepare for 5G.
At Mobile World Congress Shanghai, Nokia will showcase its latest TD-LTE-Advanced (TD-LTE-A) and TD-LTE-Advanced Pro offerings including:
- An industry-first demonstration of how 4G TD-LTE operators can leverage existing Wi-Fi® access points to deliver the highest quality of experience for subscribers with compatible devices. Using a TD-LTE-A Pro LTE-Wi-Fi Aggregation (LWA) feature on the Nokia Flexi Multiradio 10 Base stations the LTE and Wi-Fi networks are aggregated, to deliver speeds of up to 400 Mbps.
- Nokia FastMile, which extends 4G technology in unused high frequency spectrum to provide high-speed broadband to residential customers in underserved rural and suburban areas. A comprehensive end-to-end solution, Nokia FastMile offers guaranteed speeds and easy-to-install residential devices, providing higher capacity by utilizing advanced antenna topology and interference mitigation technologies. It is now available on TDD bands and can be combined with Nokia Intelligent Beamforming features allowing WiMAX/fixed operators to leverage their frequency assets and cost-effectively deliver fixed broadband services using TD-LTE.
- Demonstrations of the industry’s first Distributed Beamforming technology which enables operators to triple the download and upload capacity of a Nokia TD-LTE-A ‘Supercell’ (a group of cells served by a single baseband unit) to increase cell edge speeds compared to stand-alone LTE cells by removing inter-cell interference.
To find out more about these innovations visit Nokia: A new leader in the technologies that enable our connected lives in booth N1A60, Hall one of the Shanghai New International Expo Center.
Tero Peltola, head of the LTE Business Line at Nokia, said:
“As global subscriber data demand continues to rise, Nokia is committed to developing technologies that will help operators efficiently unlock the potential of their 4G networks, enabling greater connectivity while reducing the cost of ownership of running those networks as well as power consumption. Initiatives such as FastMile for TD-LTE will let operators improve connectivity to those who are currently unconnected and change people’s lives for the better.”
Did you know?
Currently four billion people do not have access to Internet connectivity, according to the World Bank World Development Report 2016: Digital Dividends.
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.