More Cities, More Towns: Verizon Expands XLTE to Six Additional Markets to Provide a Superior Customer Experience
Via Verizon Wireless Newsroom
Jul 28, 2015
Verizon Expands XLTE to Six Additional Markets to Provide a Superior Customer Experience
Today, July 28, Verizon announced XLTE is now available in six additional markets, bringing double the 4G LTE bandwidth and greater peak speeds in more than 400 markets coast to coast.
That means that 4 out of 5 Verizon Wireless 4G LTE markets, large and small, from New York to San Diego, from Chicago to Miami and beyond, are powered by Verizon Wireless XLTE. If data were cars, it would be like doubling the number of lanes on a freeway from 10 to 20 - XLTE allows data to move faster.
For customers who are visiting, traveling to or living in these cities and towns, XLTE will enhance their mobile experience when they visit local attractions, landmarks, festivals and more. With XLTE, customers can share photos, stay connected to their social networks to share the experience with friends and family and get information faster than before:
- Carlsbad-Artesia, NM – When sightseeing at the Carlsbad Caverns and Guadalupe Mountains National Park, quickly share images and videos of nature's beauty.
- Coos Bay-North Bend, OR – While visiting the Coos Art Museum, Mingus Park and the birthplace of legendary runner Steve Prefontaine, look up historical information and facts.
- Corbin, KY – At the home of the NIBROC (_Corbin_ spelled backwards) festival, share videos and music of the open-air concerts and other events.
- Jackson, MS – Share photos of blue ribbon winners at the Mississippi State Fair in October.
- Selma, AL – Before checking out Sturdivant Hall, the National Voting Rights Museum, Old Depot Museum and Vaughan-Smitherman Museum, get museum information…and share the best exhibits from each museum after your visit.
- Stevens Point-Marshfield, WI – At the world's largest trivia contest, look up answers quickly while you watch more than 400 teams compete.
Mobile technology is only as good as the network it is on, and Verizon is providing the largest and most reliable 4G LTE network in these cities and towns. Verizon helps enable a more mobile lifestyle for customers who are continuously on the go – to watch video, access the Internet, connect to social media, and more.
For more information on XLTE, visit XLTE by the Numbers.
Sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos, plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox.