From the factory floor to trucks on the road: Ericsson showcases how 5G and IoT accelerate industry transformation at Hannover Messe 2022
May 25, 2022
From operating machines in a manufacturing facility to connecting supply chain with trucks on the road, connectivity is fundamental to enabling Industry 4.0. As the leading 5G technology provider, Ericsson will demonstrate how going wireless with 5G, IoT and WAN transform manufacturing at Hannover Messe from May 30 to June 2. Ericsson is on-site with demonstrations, a panel session, and a digital presence.
Thomas Norén, Head of Dedicated Networks at Ericsson, says, “Having successful industrial end-to-end solutions is a team effort, and we are proud to be joined by our Industry 4.0 partners, including device and software vendors, system integrators, and hyperscale cloud providers at Hannover Messe. Together with partners, our demos highlight the tools needed for a rapidly evolving manufacturing environment where production needs to be faster, more secure and more flexible.”
Cradlepoint, a part of the Ericsson, is the market leader for cloud-based routers and adapters in 4G LTE and 5G networks. Together with Ericsson, Cradlepoint will showcase the power of wireless WAN solutions for enterprises and the functionality and advantages of SIM management integration with Ericsson IoT Accelerator. Manufacturers often use hundreds of routers and adapters that are connected to either the public or a private mobile network via 4G or 5G. Cradlepoint NetCloud Manager with SIM management helps IT managers configure and administer these devices saving time and money for enterprises.
Anton Larsson, Lead Product Manager at Kollmorgen, says: “Together with Ericsson, we will demonstrate our world-leading control systems for automated guided vehicles, including fleet management system, software tools for commissioning and navigation capabilities. Our solution has resulted in greater efficiency and short return-on-investment at manufacturing sites and in warehouses for more than 50 years.”
Simon Evans CSO, Member of Central Management at ifm, says: “We are looking forward to demonstrating how automation technology and predictive maintenance can support manufacturers to minimize maintenance times and maximize machine uptime and efficiency.”
Joachim Goebel, Senior Account Manager Manufacturing at Zebra Technologies Germany, says, “We are showcasing Zebra Workforce Connect which covers the entire spectrum of frontline needs from communication to collaboration, from information to safety, all in one connected platform – from software to hardware.”
Lutz Schneider, Product Owner Autonomous Logistics at T-Systems, says, “Our new Autonomous Logistics shows how edge computing is used to control and connect automated guided vehicles, particularly in a campus site.”
John Keever, CTO of IoT Platforms, Telit, says, “We will demonstrate how Telit works with Ericsson Private 5G to orchestrate data from machines, robots and AGVs. Our Telit deviceWISE IIoT platform improves factory automation by securely collecting and transforming system and machine data at the edge. Manufacturers are able to implement a systems management approach for greater visibility and control over connected devices and data.”
ABOUT OUR DEMOS
At the Ericsson booth in Hall 8, #D23, our experts will be on-site to talk and demonstrate real-life applications, including how to:
• Gain complete visibility and control of all IoT devices throughout their entire life cycle with Ericsson’s connectivity management platform no matter where in the world they are located—through the IoT Accelerator. Cradlepoint NetCloud integrates with IoT Accelerator, providing a single pane of glass to simplify wireless WAN operations for their customers
• Future-proof 5G site construction sustainably, all while saving on capital and operating expenses, through intelligent use of energy from renewable sources, as seen in Deutsche Telekom and Ericsson’s successful trial. This paves the way for significant advances in supplying renewable energy for mobile sites
• Reduce costly downtime of critical infrastructure through predictive maintenance powered by Industrial IoT, as seen in a demo with ifm, Dell, and Software AG
• Connect your workforce to be more efficient and effective in their tasks while protecting them from hazards through Zebra’s Workforce Connect hardware and software, powered by Ericsson Private 5G
• Leverage automated guided vehicles, powered by Ericsson Private 5G, to increase worker safety and improve efficiency demonstrated with Kollmorgen and T-Systems
A live-streamed panel discussion, “Industrial 5G: Where are we and what needs to be done,” with Dr. Afif Osseiran, Principal Researcher for Ericsson and General Vice Chair of 5G-ACIA, is available on May 30 at 5 p.m. CET.
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.