Vienna, 19 October 2015
Today the Telekom Austria Group (VSE: TKA, OTC US: TKAGY) announces its results for the first nine montsh of 2015, ending 30 September 2015.
- Group revenues declined by 1.2% year-on-year to EUR 2,950.4 mn reported (clean: EUR 3,022.6 mn, +0.2%)
- Group EBITDA comparable growth of 1.7% year-on-year to EUR 1,051.7 mn on the back of strict cost cutting (clean: EUR 1,067.5 mn, +3.1%)
- Austria: 7.3% year-on-year clean EBITDA comparable growth despite intensified competition in the mobile market
- International markets burdened by FX effects as well as macro headwinds and price pressure
- Acquisition of Amis closed on 1 September 2015; consolidated as of September 2015 results
- Closing of Vip operator's merger with ONE in the Republic of Macedonia on 1 October 2015 as well as the acquisition of blizoo Bulgaria on 28 September 2015, consolidation as of Q4 2015
- Net income of EUR 308.4 mn (1-9 M 2014: EUR -136.5 mn)
- Group outlook for 2015 unchanged: approx. flat revenue development (on a constant currency basis except for Belarus); CAPEX 1) of EUR 700 – 750 mn and intended dividend of EUR 0.05/share 2)
in EUR millionQ3 2015Q3 2014% change1-9M 20151-9M 2014 3) % changeRevenues1,011.61,048.7-3.5%2,950.42,987.7-1.2%EBITDA comparable386.4414.6-6.8%1,051.71,034.01.7%EBITDA comparable margin38.2%39.5%35.6%34.6%Operating income189.2200.0-5.4%450.036.8n.m.Net income137.1127.87.3%308.4-136.5n.m.Cash flow generated from operations271.5300.6-9.7%806.0674.019.6%Earnings per share (in EUR)0.200.27-28.2%0.44-0.35n.m.Free cash flow per share (in EUR)0.150.37-58.1%0.550.4716.0%Capital expenditures 1) 171.7143.619.6%445.5472.5-5.7%
in EUR million30 Sep 201531 Dec 2014% changeNet debt 4) 2,572.62,693.3-4.5%Net debt / EBITDA comparable (12 months) 4) 2.0x2.1x
All financial figures are based on IFRS; if not stated otherwise, all comparisons are given year-on-year. EBITDA comparable is defined as net income excluding financial result, income taxes, depreciation and amortisation, restructuring and impairment charges.
1) Does not include investment in spectrum and acquisitions. 2) Intended proposal to the Annual General Meeting 2016. 3) The 2014 comparison period was adjusted according to IAS 8, see page 33 for details. 4) As of 31 December 2014 long-term financial investments, instalment sales receivables and financial leasing are no longer included in the calculation of net debt; comparative figures have been restated accordingly.
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.