Vienna, 27 October 2016
Today, the Telekom Austria Group (VSE: TKA, OTC US: TKAGY) announces its results for the first nine months 2016, ending 30 September 2016.
Highlights Q3 2016
- Group total revenues increased to EUR 1,073.2 mn (+1.4% year-on-year on a proforma1 basis, reported: +4.7%) in the third quarter as higher equipment revenues more than outweighed the negative roaming impact
- Group EBITDA rose by 7.5% year-on-year on a proforma1 basis (reported: +9.4%)
- Reported net result increased by 4.5% to EUR 143.2 mn
- Negative effects from the abolition of retail roaming in the EU as of 30 April 2016 so far in line with expectations with the biggest impact stemming from Austria
- Austria: 11.6% reported year-on-year EBITDA growth including a positive one-off as well as a positive restructuring effect
- Ongoing strong performance in Croatia driven by better trends in mobile and ongoing fixed-line growth
- Belarus: Total revenue and EBITDA growth of 20.5% and 19.5% year-on-year in local currency; 16.9% year-on-year BYN2 devaluation in Q3 2016 still overshadowed good operational results in Belarus
- Group outlook3 2016 unchanged: approx. +1% total revenues, CAPEX4 of approx. EUR 750 mn and intended dividend5 of EUR 0.20/share
|Key Performance Indicators in EUR million||Q3 2016 reported||Q3 2015 proforma||% change|
|% Total Revenues||38.7%||36.5%|
|% Total Revenues||18.9%||17.7%|
|Wireless Indicators||Q3 2016 reported||Q3 2015 proforma||% change|
|Wireless subscribers (thousands)||20,731.7||20,786.0||0.0|
|Wireline Indicators||Q3 2016 reported||Q3 2015 proforma||% change|
All financial figures are based on IFRS; if not stated otherwise, all comparisons are given year-on-year. EBITDA is defined as net income excluding financial result, income taxes, depreciation and amortisation and impairment charges.
1 Proforma figures include effects of M&A transactions executed during the last twelve months.
2 Currency reform as of 1 July 2016.
3 Outlook based on reported numbers.
4 Does not include investment in spectrum and acquisitions.
5 Intended proposal to the Annual General Meeting 2017.