New Oracle E-Business Suite Release Helps Organizations Further Optimize Business Processes and Reduce Costs While Enabling Users to Be Informed and Take Action on the Go
Oct 19, 2015
Release includes a richer user experience, enhancements across virtually all functional areas, and increased operational efficiency
Redwood Shores, Calif.—Oct 16, 2015
To help organizations navigate a complex and constantly-changing global business environment, Oracle has released Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2.5. This latest release continues a pattern of ongoing functional and technical innovation, providing a modern user experience, new functional capabilities across the suite, and increased operational efficiency.
“To stay competitive today, organizations need to provide their workforce with a modern user interface and address business challenges with greater automation and efficiency,” said Cliff Godwin, senior vice president, Oracle Applications Development. “With Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2.5, Oracle continues to modernize the user interface and deliver new customer-driven capabilities across the applications, while reducing the costs of owning and running Oracle E-Business Suite.”
Modern User Experience
Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2.5 embraces the modern look and feel of other Oracle products so that users navigating between Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle Cloud applications can have a consistent user experience. Key business benefits include:
- Latest Oracle Look and Feel: Business users can leverage touch-friendly, icon-based or tab navigation as well as other new interactions and widgets.
- Tablet-Optimized HTML User Interfaces: Tablet-optimized HTML interfaces provide on-the-go access to users performing targeted operational roles, such as receiving and discrete manufacturing execution supervisor.
- Enhanced Information Discovery: Existing Oracle E-Business Suite Information Discovery applications have been enhanced and new applications have been added in many functional areas, enabling users to discover and act on their most important business challenges. Additional enhancements include mobile templates, descriptive flexfield support, global search and quick links.
New Functional Capabilities Across the Suite
Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2.5 delivers customer-driven functional advances across the integrated suite to help organizations further optimize their business processes. Key advances include:
- Financials : Oracle General Ledger integrates with the Approvals Management framework (AME) to increase automation of journal approvals and improve governance, control and compliance. Oracle Receivables provides new methods for automated receipt application.
- Procurement : Oracle Procurement Command Center, a new product, allows increased visibility and access to purchasing activities for more value creation. Oracle iProcurement Information Discovery helps improve buying decisions with ratings and reviews for catalog items and services. iProcurement uploads catalogs via the Oracle Supplier Network (OSN) to automate catalog management.
- Projects : Oracle Advanced Project Planning and Control, a new product, allows increased visibility to project status for more proactive management. Oracle Projects can improve project control with a contractual schedule of values.
- Order Management and Logistics : Oracle Order Management extends support for flexible ordering of products, services, subscriptions, and warranties. Oracle Contract Renewal Command Center, a new product, helps improve visibility to service and lease renewals for higher loyalty. Flexible serial tagging in inventory and warehouse management organizations reduces overhead by capturing serial numbers only at point of use. Zone picking in Oracle Warehouse Management provides reduced idle time and improves picking efficiency.
- Manufacturing : Component availability management allows production schedulers to identify and adjust for component shortages and other unanticipated events. Expanded support for outsourced manufacturing scenarios includes discrete industries support for internal toll manufacturing organizations, and process industries support for outside processing.
- Asset Management : Oracle Enterprise Asset Management provides map visualizations to speed location and work management of discrete and linear assets.
- Service : Oracle Service enables shared service center operation using multi-org access control (MOAC), with service execution users accessing just the service requests in their operating unit. Configurable HTML UIs in Oracle Field Service and Oracle TeleService helps increase the productivity of field service dispatchers and call center agents.
- Value Chain Planning : Oracle Service Parts Planning provides capabilities for automotive and high tech industries. A new UI for Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning includes mobile support.
- Human Capital Management : A flexible, HTML payroll dashboard allows quick validation of payroll readiness and provides improved monitoring of payroll runs. Organizations can configure talent matrices of different dimensions to organize their talent.
A key feature of Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2 was Online Patching, which offers a smooth, predictable patching process that can dramatically reduce maintenance downtimes while maintaining business continuity. This latest release increases the efficiency and visibility of Online Patching operations. A simplified patching mode for development environments lets developers rapidly apply and test code changes without using full Online Patching capabilities. Database and system administrators can leverage enhanced Online Patching system validation and progress monitoring, as well as faster middle tier startup and shutdown.