Intel CEO introduces vision for merged reality at 2016 Intel Developer Forum
Via Intel Newsroom
Aug 17, 2016
Intel CEO Brian Krzanich welcomes thousands of developers to the 2016 Intel Developer Forum in San Francisco on Tuesday, Aug. 16, 2016, with an opening keynote presentation. His presentation offered perspective on the unique role Intel will play as the boundaries of computing continue to expand. (Credit: Intel Corporation)
The 2016 Intel Developer Forum (IDF) kicked off today in San Francisco with an opening keynote by Intel CEO Brian Krzanich. Krzanich articulated the company’s vision for the future of technology spanning virtual reality, autonomous driving, the industrial Internet, and the important role developers play in bringing this future to life. On stage, and in an editorial on Medium, Krzanich explained his vision for merged reality — a new way of experiencing physical and virtual interactions and environments through a suite of next-generation sensing and digitizing technologies.
According to Krzanich, “Merged reality delivers virtual world experiences more dynamically and naturally than ever before – and makes experiences impossible in the real world now possible.”
A replay of today’s keynote will be available here in the Intel newsroom. Below is a summary of the IDF Day 1 news. Please check back for 2016 IDF news and updates.
IDF Day One News Highlights:
- Unveiled Intel Project Alloy , an all-in-one virtual reality solution that features the compute and sensors integrated directly into the headset and leverages Intel® RealSense™ technology. Project Alloy will be offered as an open hardware platform in 2017. More information at “Intel Unveils Project Alloy.
- Announced a collaboration with Microsoft to bring virtual reality to mainstream PCs. More information at “Windows Holographic experience available for mainstream Windows 10 PCs next year.”
- Introduced the new Intel® Joule™ platform for the Internet of Things. This new high-end compute platform is capable of delivering human-like senses to a new generation of smart devices and is now available. More information at “Make Amazing Things Happen in IoT and Entrepreneurship with Intel Joule.”
- Announced the availability of the Yuneec Typhoon H drone with Intel RealSense technology, the Intel Aero Platform Compute Board and the Intel Aero Platform Ready-to-Fly Drone. More information at “New Opportunities and Tech for Drone Developers and Enthusiasts.”
- Announced the Intel® Euclid™ Developer Kit for researchers, makers and robotics developers. This device integrates sense, compute, and connect capabilities in an all-in-one candy bar size form-factor that gives developers the ability to quickly and easily create applications with Intel RealSense technology. More information at “Intel Announces Tools for RealSense Technology Development.”
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.