Multi-step upgrade will enable modern self-service, better integration, improved security and productivity
Bangalore – November 14, 2016: Infosys (NYSE: INFY), a leader in consulting, technology, and next-generation services, today announced the deployment of an upgraded human resource management and payroll system for the Council of Europe. The rollout is part of a 10 year on-going partnership, with Infosys managing and customizing the complex HR system for the Strasbourg based leading international human rights organisation. Infosys will also support the new system for the next three years.
The Oracle’s PeopleSoft-based integrated HR and payroll system, which serves over 2,500 employees will streamline business processes and boost productivity.
- Infosys deployed Oracle’s PeopleSoft Human Capital Management 9.2, integrated with the existing payroll system, as part of the upgrade
- Substantial reductions in payroll execution times, down from 10 hours to just 22 minutes. Combined with other global payroll process optimisation such as payroll and accounting, delivering over 200 hours a month in time savings
- The revamped platform delivers upgrades to the following capabilities: Core HR, Global Payroll, Absence Management, Administer Training, Base Benefits, Health & Safety and Company Car Entitlement. It is further supported by five additional custom bolt-on modules to support the bespoke needs of the Council of Europe and the employment laws it deals with
- Payroll management has been overhauled, with more than 1,000 complex earnings and deductions business rules retro-fitted and re-written
- The new system provides a better user experience, with improved self-service capabilities based on custom interfaces and workflows built by Infosys
Francis Dangel, Director (a.i), Council of Europe
"Over the last decade we have developed a high level of trust with Infosys. They won an international call for tender to take on this significant 18-month project. In our everyday work, we are focused on protecting human rights, the rule of law and democracy in Europe. A partner like Infosys allows us to focus on this important task while continuing to provide us with the best systems for our unique situation."
Rajesh Krishnamurthy, President and Global Head, Energy, Utilities, Telecommunications and Services and Head of Europe, Infosys
"A decade ago, the Council of Europe was one of our first major engagements in the public sector in Europe. While improving HR management was important then, this major renewal of their HR and payroll system comes at a time when all public sector bodies need to find ways to increase efficiency. This migration to a new system will give the Council an improved HR system and improve productivity."