Hewlett Packard Enterprise accelerates application development with HPE Haven OnDemand Combinations
Aug 30, 2016
New Machine Learning Cloud Service Offers Pre-Built Customizable API Combinations to Help Create Next-Generation Cognitive Applications
PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwired - Aug 30, 2016) - Hewlett Packard Enterprise (NYSE: HPE) today announced the availability of HPE Haven OnDemand (HoD) Combinations, a new cloud-based offering built on the HPE Haven OnDemand platform that enables developers to apply the power of machine learning to build next generation applications.
The new offering provides a pre-built catalogue of cognitive services and an intuitive drag and drop interface. Developers can chain together multiple machine learning APIs into combinations and copy and paste the code directly into their development projects, to quickly and easily create breakthrough mobile and enterprise applications.
"HPE HoD Combinations represents the next step in our vision to democratize machine learning for mainstream developers and help them build the next generation of cognitive applications," said Fernando Lucini (@fernandolucini), Chief Technology Officer, Big Data Platform, HPE Software. "Through HPE HoD Combinations, enterprise developers now have access to the building blocks required to take their application development to the next level through an easy and intuitive solution."
Advanced Machine Learning Applications Made Simple
HoD Combinations provides the tools required for developers and data scientists to focus on building modern, data-rich applications that can help their companies excel in the marketplace. HOD Combinations provides several new capabilities:
- Simplified Coding and Improved Performance - reduces complex code to a single API call that supports unlimited transformations, parallel processing, and reduced latency as a result of fewer API calls
- Simple Drag and Drop Graphical UI - enables developers to chain any number of HPE Haven OnDemand's more than 70 APIs to create, test and publish new services in minutes.
- Publish and Reuse - Custom combinations are securely published to the organization account for reuse and augmentation.
- Developer and Commercial versions - developers can build new combinations for prototype apps free of charge simply by signing up for a Freemium account on https://havenondemand.com while paying customers benefit from increased quotas and enterprise grade service level assurance.
- Delivered via the Microsoft Azure Cloud platform - HPE Haven OnDemand Combinations is hosted in the Microsoft Azure cloud, ensuring mission critical performance, reliability, security and scale.
- Emphasis on Machine Learning Innovation - facilitates the development of new services and applications with only a few lines of code to harness the power of machine learning.
HPE Haven OnDemand - Over 18,000 Users and Millions of API Calls Per Month
Since commercial availability of HPE Haven OnDemand in March 2016 and delivered as a service on Microsoft® Azure, HPE Haven OnDemand now offers more than 70 machine learning APIs today. HPE Haven OnDemand has more than 18,000 engaged users ranging from solo software architects and data scientists to enterprises with large development teams. The platform has enabled customers to build thousands of applications globally, resulting in millions of API calls each month, and is continuing to win over the marketplace and build an ecosystem of partners and customers that grows every day.
" LogitBot is thrilled to be using Haven OnDemand APIs to develop groundbreaking investment research and predictive analytics solutions to enable intelligent financial portfolio construction. We've seen a preview of Haven OnDemand Combinations and we believe Combinations and the Haven OnDemand platform are going to accelerate development of a whole new class of AI and Machine Learning powered apps for the data hungry customers that we're serving in the finance sector ."
Darren Harris (@darren_hti), CEO, Schematiq
" Schematiq delivers the power of applied machine learning for advanced analytics to over a billion Microsoft Excel users by integrating HPE Haven OnDemand APIs. We're excited to see how users of Excel leverage the power of Haven OnDemand Combinations and the latest cognitive services to deliver new insights and accelerate innovation in their business ."
Brian Matthews, Founder, AIMatic
" AIMatic makes it possible for customers to accelerate customer support modernization with cognitive apps and services. Haven OnDemand has been pivotal in making this possible, turning vision into reality with a vast collection of Machine Learning APIs that are surprisingly accessible and simple to integrate. The cognitive services for customer interactions analytics from Haven OnDemand Combinations promises to revolutionize how we infuse our apps with AI. "