EBlink and Alcatel-Lucent expand their partnership in managed services with the addition of Smart Coverage and Capacity as a Service (SCCaS) innovation
Nov 24, 2015
Paris, France, November 24, 2015
EBlink and Alcatel-Lucent are to expand their existing commercial and technological agreement by adding an innovative service play to their broad portfolios.
Smart Coverage and Capacity as a Service represents a disruptive business model, providing a fully turn-key solution as a service. It can complement or replace traditional solutions such as fiber and RF repeaters (last mile), Micro or Macro RRH (outdoor), femto/small/pico and DAS (in-building). SCCaS is a managed service solution that is C-RAN ready, RAN agnostic and light infra.
SCCaS offers several value propositions to mobile operators facing challenges in emerging and developed markets today:
- Reduced churn thanks to better quality of experience : fewer dead spots and improved capacity at hot spots, enhanced in-building coverage for enterprise customers
- Densification and optimization of networks, with improved TCO and leveraging of existing macro sites
- New revenue sources : IP connectivity services to SMEs via LTE, mobile subscriptions to enterprise customers
- Maximized ROI : needs-based service, no upfront investment
- Fast implementation : alternative solutions to fiber for last-mile connectivity in emerging countries
In line with Alcatel-Lucent managed services’ focus on introducing innovative solutions with compelling business models to the market, SCCaaS is an integral part of Alcatel-Lucent’s “everything as a service” (XaaS) offering.
Commenting on the agreement, Friedrich Trawoeger, president of managed services at Alcatel-Lucent, said: “SCCaS is part of our strategy to innovate in collaboration with an ecosystem of state-of-the-art technology partners. EBlink is an industry pioneer, offering value and cost-competitive Fronthaul technology solutions”.
“EBlink’s solutions meet a broad range of customer challenges and future expectations. The combination of Alcatel-Lucent’s managed services capabilities and its international footprint creates a unique offer in the marketplace”, said Eric Sele, EBlink’s Deputy CEO.
Founded in France in 2005, EBlink is helping transform the mobile network market with a new industry standard: wireless fronthaul. Designed for evolving mobile architectures, EBlink’s technology enables operators to deploy current and future networks more efficiently, in order to meet the growing demands of mobile multimedia applications.