CyberAgent selects Juniper Networks to drive next-generation network expansion
Jul 20, 2016
TOKYO, JAPAN --(Marketwired - July 19, 2016) - Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, today announced that CyberAgent, Inc., a leading Internet services company, has chosen Juniper Networks® MX480 3D Universal Edge Routers, alongside the QFX5100 Director and EX3300 Ethernet Switches, to drive expansion of its infrastructure into a cloud-enabled, next-generation network.
As CyberAgent transitions its networking infrastructure to the cloud, Juniper's cloud solution will deliver new levels of performance and agility required to simplify management of its massive service resources and array of network devices, in support of the over 40 million users across the company's businesses and platforms.
Operating across its three main business areas of media, internet advertising and the gaming industry, including its flagship blogging and social networking portal Ameba, the new routers, switches and Virtual Chassis technology complement Juniper products previously deployed by CyberAgent including the MX240 3D Universal Edge Routers and SRX5800 Services Gateways.
Having experienced an exponential increase in traffic from steady growth across its popular services portfolio, CyberAgent required a scalable expansion of its network infrastructure to increase density and performance, all while reducing operational workload. Another urgent priority was the implementation of an advanced management system that could minimize potential service disruptions potentially resulting from multiple network expansions.
- CyberAgent has upgraded its networking infrastructure with powerful, SDN-ready MX480 3D Universal Edge Routers, EX3300 Ethernet Switches and the QFX5100 Director.
- Juniper products provide high-performance, highly scalable solutions for CyberAgent and enables it to run a refreshed, robust infrastructure with zero tolerance for network downtime across the company's portfolio of Internet services.
- The company has also adopted Juniper's Virtual Chassis technology, enabling multiple physical switches to operate as a single virtual switch, which increases scale while significantly reducing management man-hours.
- In the central Global Zone of the CyberAgent network, the space and power-efficient MX240 and MX480 in the Virtual Chassis configuration offer the performance and reliability needed to interconnect multiple data centers, while also being utilized as a gateway with the Internet and Internet exchanges.
- The SRX5800 Services Gateways are used to protect internal systems from large amounts of traffic.
- The newly deployed QFX5100 Director and EX3300 Ethernet Switches are currently controlling server rack management segments running approximately 8,000 virtual machines.
- In addition, Juniper Networks Junos® operating system has greatly helped CyberAgent streamline network management and enabled seamless rollbacks via the 'configuration' mode command.
"The wide-scale popularity of CyberAgent's services and offerings demands a stellar networking infrastructure offering the best in performance, automation and stability. We are delighted to be selected as CyberAgent's continued networking partner of choice and we look forward to further supporting their amazing growth story across Japan and beyond." - Tomohiro Furuya, country manager of Japan, Juniper Networks
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.