Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C. June 24, 2016 - Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd. (“CHT”, TAIEX: 2412, NYSE: CHT) today held its annual general meeting. The meeting was hosted by Chairman Lih-Shyng Tsai. Shareholders in attendance represented 6,060,807,142 shares, or 78.12% of total outstanding shares.
The Company’s 2015 business report, 2015 financial statements and the proposal for 2015 earnings distribution were ratified by shareholders. In addition, the meeting passed proposals including:
- The amendment to the “Articles of Incorporation”
- The election of the Company’s Directors:
- Directors: Lih-Shyng Tsai, Mu-Piao Shih, Chih-Ku Fan,Yu-Fen Hong, Yi-Bing
Lin, Chich-chiang Fan, Shu-Juan Huang, Hsu-Hui Ho, representing MOTC
- Independent directors: Zse-Hong Tsai, JenRan Chen, Lo-Yu Yen, Kuo-Long
Wu and Yung-Chen Chen.
- Release of restrictions on competitive activities on the 8th term directors
Yet, Mr. Yung-Chen Chen decided not to assume the position as independent director of Chunghwa Telecom. Besides, the MOTC changed its representative Mr. Hsu-Hui Ho to Mr. Shih-Peng Tsai being the labor director temporarily.
The 2015 earnings distribution proposal was also passed in the meeting. The dividend to shareholders is NT$5.4852 per common share in cash, totally NT$42,551,145,789.