Strategy Outlook 5G Cloud
- Thursday 1st July, 2021
To embed our video on your website copy and paste the code below:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BGxdwDhGvAU?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The telco cloud has been in construction for a number of years, but the arrival of 5G and its associated architecture and requirements has accelerated deployments and forced network operators into making strategic decisions about their cloud architectures. A key consideration relates to how much of the cloud infrastructure is under their management or outsourced to others, particularly the hyperscaler trio of AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud. Another is the impact of cloud native as 5G core deployments and the introduction of Open RAN architectures expose network operator teams to new operational processes and containerised functions. What resources are needed - and which applications are driving those requirements, what are the key decisions that need to be taken right now by network operators, and are the lessons learned from early movers.
DSP Executive Interview: Kevin Shatzkamer, Digital Transformation Officer for Telecom, Google
- Dominique Jodoin, President & CEO NoviFlow
- Neil McRae, Managing Director Architecture & Technology Strategy and BT Chief Architect, BT
- Rajesh Gadiyar, VP & CTO, Network Platforms Group, Intel Corporation
- Rolf Eberhardt, Head of Orchestration, Communications Technology Group, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Roundtable: 5G Cloud: Public or Private?
As more network operators put their faith in their public cloud partners, are telcos ready to move on from private cloud architectures to further their 5G ambitions?
- Aashish Mishra, Head of Global Sales Strategy & Indirect Sales, Communications Technology Group Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Fatih Nar, Chief Architect, Telco Partner Solutions, Red Hat
- Gabriele Di Piazza, Sr. Director, Product Management, Telecom & Edge, Google Cloud
- Rajesh Gadiyar VP & CTO, Network Platforms Group, Intel Corporation
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.