Strategy Outlook 5G Edge
Jun 30, 2021
- Wednesday 30th June, 2021
To embed our video on your website copy and paste the code below:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Rp3fGS8gXMs?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The rapidly evolving communications and cloud network architectures are migrating away from centralised data centres and closer to end users, creating new service opportunities at the Edge. Telcos have the benefit of existing extensive edge locations, utilising their legacy infrastructure assets. However, they are lacking the proven cloud-based service provision of the global public cloud hyperscalers. The combination of 5G and Edge could unlock significant new revenue growth for telcos, but can they go it alone or will they need to partner with the public cloud companies?
DSP Executive Interview: Andrea Dona, Chief Network Officer, Vodafone
- Chris Wright, Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Red Hat
- Christoph Hilz, Tribe Head Voice and Messaging Deutsche Telekom
- Darrell Jordan-Smith, SVP Industry and Global Accounts, Red Hat
- Jesper Eriksson, VP Product Management, NoviFlow
- Renu Navale, Vice President, Data Platforms Group, General Manager, Edge Computing and Ecosystem Enabling Division, Intel Corporation
- Rolf Eberhardt, Head of Orchestration, Communications Technology Group Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Ronan Dunne, Executive Vice President and Group CEO, Verizon Consumer Group
- Simon Haston, CTIO: Regions and Devolved Government, BT
Roundtable: 5G Edge: A Winning Combination for Operators?
What are the strategic choices facing telcos as they look to realise the commercial opportunities of 5G and Edge? What are the optimum Edge scenarios available to them? Is the combination of 5G and Edge the formula for success?
- Beth Cohen, SDN, Product Strategies, Verizon
- Mark Gilmour, Mobile Connectivity Solutions, Colt Technology Services
- Renu Navale, Vice President, Data Platforms Group, General Manager, Edge Computing and Ecosystem Enabling Division, Intel
- Rolf Eberhardt, Head of Orchestration, Communications Technology Group, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Terje Jensen, Senior Vice President/Head of Global Network Architecture, Director 5G Readiness Strategic Program, Technologies and Services, Telenor
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.