Telecom Infra Project wraps up hugely successful first edition of Fyuz and announces dates for Fyuz 2023
Nov 18, 2022
From the 25th to 27th October 2022 the Telecom Infra Project held its first edition of Fyuz at the IFEMA Palacio Municipal in Madrid, Spain. Fyuz, a unique experience combining gastronomy with technology, is the only event to cover all aspects of open and disaggregated network technologies for wireless, fixed and satellite communications from access to transport and the core.
The inaugural event attracted over 1,350 attendees from sixty countries representing mobile operators and other service providers, vendors, systems integrators, regulators, investors, consultants, analysts and media with over 45% of attendees holding senior positions.
“I’m extremely pleased with the success Fyuz enjoyed in Madrid last month and delighted with the way TIP is transforming its event experience” said Kristian Toivo, Executive Director of TIP. “Convening the industry and enabling our community to enjoy all the benefits of meeting face to face, especially in a post Covid world, is a key aspect of the work we carry out at TIP and I’m looking forward to returning to Madrid next year for Fyuz 2023 from the 9th to 11th October 2023.”
The Fyuz exhibition featured over 30 exhibitors including Accenture, i14y Lab from Deutsche Telekom, Intel, Mavenir, Meta, NEC, NTT Data and VMWare across its three days of activities. The event also featured three summits addressing the latest developments affecting the open and disaggregated space:
- The Open RAN Summit produced in conjunction with the O-RAN ALLIANCE;
- TIP Summit produced in consultation with TIP’s broad membership base;
- The Meta Connectivity Summit produced by Meta.
Key speakers from the summits included representatives from AT&T, American Tower, AWS, Bell Canada, Bharti Airtel, BT, China Mobile, Comcast, Dell, Deutsche Telekom, Digital Bridge, Ericsson, IFC, Intel, Meta, MTN, Nokia, NTT DOCOMO, Orange, Rakuten, Samsung, Softbank, Telefónica, Telia, and Vodafone. Sessions can be watched here.
TIP and its participants made a number of important industry announcements during the event including:
- Major operators collaborate through the Telecom Infra Project to define a new approach to building open and disaggregated fixed access networks
- TIP OpenRAN PG accelerates Open RAN Commercialization
- Upgraded TIP Testing and Validation Framework accelerates deployment of open and disaggregated solutions
- TIP Academy signs up five industry-leading customers and eight new content contributors to its Open RAN curriculum; Signs MoU with USAID to take Open RAN into Southeast Asia together
- Telecom Infra Project to collaborate with Intel on mMIMO for the Metaverse
Focus on the importance of regulation
TIP’s Policy Ambassadors Program held a series of curated events and roundtable discussions intended for policymaker partners and ecosystem affiliates. The series of closed-door meetings focused on how regulation can best support the transition to open and disaggregated network technology and how this can best meet local needs and support local ecosystems
TIP Summit opened day 3 of Fyuz with a “Women in Telco Brunch” hosted by the TIP Diversity Committee. The hugely successful event featured speakers from Intel, Meta, TIP, US NTIA and discussed why allyship and advocacy are integral to success, the difference between mentorship and sponsorship, how to check unconscious bias, the importance of early career focus, and more.
FYUZ 2022 by the numbers
- Over 1350 people attended in person
- Representation from over 60 countries
- More than 45% of attendees were senior level (Director and above)
- Over 30 exhibiting companies
- Over 220 conference and partner programme speakers
- Over 20% of conference speakers were female
- 51 hours of event content
Looking to the future
After the success of Fyuz, TIP is looking forward to hosting a TIP pavilion with participant companies at MWC 23 in Barcelona from the 27th February to the 2nd of March.
Sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos, plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox.