Wynk Music is the most downloaded music app on Play Store
Jul 27, 2016
The popular music app has seen the highest downloads on Play Store month on month since December 2015, over 25 million downloads till date; plays over 15 million songs every day
- 60% users of Wynk Music installs are from non-Airtel customers, underlining the broadbase popularity of the app
- Wynk Music has a collection from over 500 music labels in 12 languages, carefully curated playlists across genres and moods, for a great in-app experience
- On an average a user spends over five hours on Wynk Music every month, the highest for a music app in India
New Delhi, July 26, 2016: Wynk Music, the popular carrier agnostic music app from Airtel, today said that it is the most downloaded music app [in India] on Google Play Store since December 2015, underlining its popularity amongst mobile customers across India.
Wynk Music has crossed 25 million downloads since its launch in September 2015 and it currently plays over 15 million songs per day to customers. Another key metric of its popularity is the fact that 60% of Wynk Music installs are non-Airtel customer, making it one of the largest carrier agnostic platforms from a telco globally.
Users spend an average of over five hours per month on Wynk Music, which also makes it one of the stickiest music apps in India.
Kartik Sheth, CEO – Wynk said, “We are thrilled to see such love from our users and this will add to our motivation to keep delighting our users with a great in-app experience through constant innovation. The combination of growing smartphone penetration and proliferation of mobile internet in the country has given a significant push to the uptake music streaming, particularly amongst younger audiences who look for quality content on the go. Given the importance of music our lives, we believe we have only scratched the surface as far as potential of music streaming goes.”
The app’s carefully curated content kitty boasts of music from over 500 labels and offers curation across12 regional languages. Apart from offering a completely ad-free experience to users, Wynk Music also has streaming partnership rights with nearly all content providers and labels in the industry providing users an unmatchable entertainment experience. More recently, Wynk music launched its mobile site www.wynk.in/music for users to stream music from any browser on their mobile devices.
Further, some innovative product features such as the Data Save Mode with 2G optimisations that helps stream Wynk music seamlessly on a 2G network, and let users save up to 70% of data, have added to the app’s popularity. Introduced earlier this year as a feature, the app now provides a local MP3 player, which helps users not just play the songs stored on their devices inside the app helping transition users of pirated music to online streaming. These features have been specially designed keeping in mind the Indian market.
Wynk Music application: Journey in India
- Sep 2014: Wynk Music launched in India; crosses 1 lakh downloads in 4 days
- Feb 2015: Crosses 5 million app downloads
- Jun 2015: Launches Data Save Mode
- Nov 2015: Crosses 12 million app downloads
- Jan 2016: Introduces MP3 Player Function- Plays Local MP3 files
- Jul 2016: Launches the Wynk Music mobile site www.wynk.in/music
- Jun 2016: Crosses 15 million songs played in a day
Sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos, plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox.