Verizon launches SD WAN for US federal government customers
Oct 31, 2017
ASHBURN, VA – Verizon Enterprise Solutions today announced availability of its Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SD WAN) for federal government customers. With digital transformation high on the federal priority list, Verizon’s SD WAN for Government is specifically designed to help federal agencies dynamically manage changes in Internet traffic caused by increased demand for cloud and mobile technologies. Federal agencies now have greater choice in maintaining speed and efficiency as they modernize IT systems across the government – without sacrificing security or data privacy.
“Our goal is to help the US federal government improve overall application performance and security to support new and evolving constituency demands,” said Steve Lefrancois, Verizon’s public sector Chief Technology Officer. “Federal agencies are experiencing significant growth in network traffic, and Verizon’s SD WAN improves network agility and visibility, so agencies can more effectively support their mission critical goals.”
Key features of Verizon’s SD WAN for Government:
- FISMA Ready: designed for FISMA High compliance.
- Application aware routing solution: ability to overlay an application aware routing solution with centralized management and analytic monitoring.
- Application optimization: integrated network visibility and control.
- Network flexibility and cost controls: centralized policy management.
- Performance intelligence: real time network performance awareness to maintain end-user experience.
Verizon first announced its venture into software defined networking in 2015. This new solution will be supported by Verizon's Federal group, whose experts have extensive experience helping federal agencies protect customer networks.
Sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos, plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox.